Rivingtons, Strangers, Three Sounds, Don Varner: Scans Mp3S

Godzilla

Check MP3s and Scans and please read grading info for these 45s. All soundclips are unadulterated: what you hear is what you get.

Shipping is £1.00 1st Class or £1.80 Recorded Delivery for up to 2 x 45s

Worldwide £2.50 overseas + insurance if required.

Combined shipping available if you buy more than one record

PAYPAL only please.

All prices are GB pounds.

Anyone who has bought from me before will know that I grade strictly - more info below. I'm happy to provide further MP3 clips, more scans. Questions etc are as always welcome by PM or email to:

mistergodzilla@yahoo.com

Rivingtons - Tend to Business - Columbia Promo - M- 40 SOLD

Spare copy for sale as I wouldn't be without one in my collection. Heartbreakingly perfect midtempo soul with the great Ashord and Simpson beat ballad 'A Rose Growing in the Ruins' on the flip. Beautiful condition copy that was probably unplayed until I recorded the clip.

post-1918-0-56071700-1335116176_thumb.jp

Rivingtons.mp3

Strangers - Night Winds - Warner Bros Promo - VG 45

Panavision Wide-Screen soul with a terrific arrangement courtesy of Leroy Glover and the gorgeous, doo wop style vocals of Richard Pitts.

Graded a strong VG due to a little label wear and some surface marks that don't affect play - as you can tell from the soundcip

post-1918-0-79330400-1335116192_thumb.jp

Strangers.mp3

The Three Sounds - It Was a Very Good Year - Blue Note - VG+ 20

If you like the Della Reese version version but don't know this one be sure to check the clip. This mod-jazz instrumental take uses a very similar arrangement and is great to drop as something a bit different. Down graded to VG+ because of some label wear and a BB hole. The playing surface has only the lightest of marks.

post-1918-0-66001500-1335116263_thumb.jp

Three Sounds.mp3

Don Varner - I Can if You Can - House of Orange - VG+ 30

A southern flavoured dancer that is is a lesser known track from this great artist.

Nice and glossy but a few visible scuffs so graded accordingly. The funky, psych-tinged flip, 'That's all Right', has a small name on the label and a few discerible pops but nothing that overwhelms the music.

post-1918-0-24311900-1335116354_thumb.jp

Don Varner I Can.mp3

PJ Proby - You Can't Come Home Again - Liberty (Australia) VG++ 15

Here's one for collectors of the more odd and exotic records played on the Northern scene. The a side is a cover of hank Ballard's 'Work With Me Annie' while tucked away on the flip is this Motown styled stomper arranged by Arthur Wright and bellowed by big-voiced Proby. To add to the oddness it's an aussie copy with a neat company sleeve. Would have been NM apart from some label marks and there's a small tear to rear of sleeve.

post-1918-0-14148600-1335116425_thumb.jp

Proby.mp3

I'm now using the grading system recommended by this site as below. This means that a VG+ record will look and sound nice and won't be a piece of trashed vinyl with a coating of wishful thinking! I've also added scans and clips to give an even more accurate idea.

M- As good as it gets, practically an untouched record that plays as if it were brand new store stock

VG++The odd barely discernible surface mark or minor blemish, nothing that will affect play in any way.

VG+ A few more marks or light scuffs than a VG++ record but still sounds fine for listening and/or DJing. No scratches.Light surface wear. A used but far from abused copy.

VG Scuffs and light scratches throughout, most can't be felt. Expect some surface wear throughout the record with light surface noise and possibly a few pops in places. Should still serve as a suitable player copy for listening & DJing.

VG- The record may have some scratches that will be deep enough to feel. Audible clicks and pops are likely consistent throughout the grooves.Expect noticeable noise throughout, NO SKIPS though.

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 2
  • Views 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now