Another Ebay Time Waster Ebay Id Brio.knight

another ebay time waster brio.knight

Bought three rare 60's UK 45's from me for over £100 on ebay and I've had no communication whatsoever from him

As he didn't respond to ebay, invoices (numerous), email, phone etc i think it's only fair to warn others

This is the second time in a month i've had someone bid up my items only to disappear from the planet

I've gone thru the ebay open cases process and served my time (8 days minimum) and have now cancelled the transactions and got an ebay refund on the commission. Will now relist them

Some folks think it's funny to waste people's time like this...............believe me it's not!

Edited by Steve Plumb
Social source share

Guest mickeyfish58

another ebay time waster brio.knight (Brain Knight from Middlesbrough)

Bought three rare 60's UK 45's from me for over £100 on ebay and I've had no communication whatsoever from him

As he didn't respond to ebay, invoices (numerous), email, phone etc i think it's only fair to warn others

This is the second time in a month i've had someone bid up my items only to disappear from the planet

I've gone thru the ebay open cases process and served my time (8 days minimum) and have now cancelled the transactions and got an ebay refund on the commission. Will now relist them

Some folks think it's funny to waste people's time like this...............believe me it's not!

i dont know him but he as bought records from me on ebay and usualy pays after about 5/7 days bit of a drag but like i said he always paid eventualy
Social source share

i dont know him but he as bought records from me on ebay and usualy pays after about 5/7 days bit of a drag but like i said he always paid eventualy

Thanks for the info

I never mind holding records for people but did not get one peep from him

I ended up selling two of the three to the second bidders and offered them the 45's at the price they would have won it at if he had not bid at all. It's not fair to offer a second chance to someone immediately under the bid of the time waster, i offer it to them at the price above the third bidder, if i can justify the price of course and in this instance two of the three worked out and the other one went back on.

I still find time wasters a fookin ball ache as i can't see what they get out of it except for wasting everyone's time.

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest mickeyfish58

Thanks for the info

I never mind holding records for people but did not get one peep from him

I ended up selling two of the three to the second bidders and offered them the 45's at the price they would have won it at if he had not bid at all. It's not fair to offer a second chance to someone immediately under the bid of the time waster, i offer it to them at the price above the third bidder, if i can justify the price of course and in this instance two of the three worked out and the other one went back on.

I still find time wasters a fookin ball ache as i can't see what they get out of it except for wasting everyone's time.

Cheers

Steve

i know what you mean steve and i dont blame you, by the way i have bought from you on ebay and have always been very happy
Social source share

:hatsoff2:HI ALL....Steve could you explain what are the pit falls as a seller on EBay? this is just an enquiry into what the realistic expectations of selling on the EBay site. As we all are aware of the basic principles of EBay and the use of FEEDBACK to make the EBay community aware of issues that may cause buyer or seller problems?

Why am I asking? simply as a buyer only on EBay, 99% has been with dealers who sell records, that I would like to obtain for my personal use, I have made over 1000 purchases, since joining. and my feedback score is 100%, and I have yet to give anyone a negative feedback,

As like most people who use SOULSOURCE have experience of buying rare records, at club/venue level, personally my experience as a seller of records at venues goes back to 1973, at WIGAN & BLACKPOOL MECCA, The rules of selling back then, had to be asserted on the to any potential buyer, as the scene is based around rare records, the rules that I used were as follows,

1, always keep your eyes on the record box, 2, intersect only with buyer on specific issues relating to his/her purchase, (many a block head, will ask 100 questions about every thing, but the record he has waving about in his hands), 3, never allow people to grab a handful of records, when more than 2 people are looking through your box, 4, Always have another person with you, as you only have 2 eyes, 5, be cautious in letting individuals who make impossible requests from you, as this is a common way to distract you, and your focus on your box, 6, Forget all the Right ON Soul Brother stuff, many records are stolen, even record boxes, in many cases to order? 7, never lend records ever? 8, don't be out of head while selling?

As you are a seller, what is it that does not work, as far as I can see, and forgive me if I am wrong, someone is either late or changed their minds about a purchase from you? This can be easy rectified by including a rule on transaction,

As a seller you surely expect the issue of non payment to crop up regularly, so you should again have a policy about this, in a straight forward statement. you don't want to lose potential custom.

To conclude I do understand the frustrations that sellers go through, also that a seller is 10x more likely to receive negative feedback, to help with this I try to pay for my purchases within 12 hours of the end of auction, however there have been times when this has not happened,

If there was a reason, that I could not make contact with the seller after 14 days, and the seller used another web site to discuss issues that could be very private but decremental to my character I would be well annoyed, and would take the matter further, especially if it's about non payment? as you have not lost anything as such, a sales deal perhaps, but can you imagine if sales people around the world named and shamed an individual for a non sale??

The name and shame policy should only be used for known people who commit proven crimes, non payment is not a crime is it??

:wicked: or is it the principle of the matter :g: DAVE K :g:

Social source share

This was very honorable of you. I used to feel strongly about this (I pretty much only buy on ebay, not sell), now I'm glad if the seller is willing to split the difference.

EDIT:

"this" means selling it to them for one bid increment higher than the 3rd bidder

Edited by boba
Social source share

Guest jerrio

another ebay time waster brio.knight (Brain Knight from Middlesbrough)

The same guy won a record off me and hasnt paid or answered my messages,I have just informed ebay before I read this topic.It has been a fortnight and ive heard nothing from him.There may be a good reason he hasnt paid or been in touch.

Social source share

Guest mickeyfish58

The same guy won a record off me and hasnt paid or answered my messages,I have just informed ebay before I read this topic.It has been a fortnight and ive heard nothing from him.There may be a good reason he hasnt paid or been in touch.

wonder if he is still alive? he has not bid on any of my sales for a while and he was quite a regular bidder
Social source share

Guest mickeyfish58

Well, that's why I added post #2

If something (heaven forbid) had happened, then a few ebay sales can be irrelevant!

very true, surely someone must know him and maybe enlighten us?
Social source share

I guess that's why I posted on here to 1) See if anyone knew him and 2) To potentially warn others

Social source share

This was very honorable of you. I used to feel strongly about this (I pretty much only buy on ebay, not sell), now I'm glad if the seller is willing to split the difference.

EDIT:

"this" means selling it to them for one bid increment higher than the 3rd bidder

Honourable, yes I guess it is Boba but to me it's just good sense and this comes from being on the other end of a 'second chance scam' as a buyer.

Second chance offers are great when someone has other copies BUT when the seller contacts you and says the original buyer has pulled out/not paid/died etc, then as a buyer you have to weigh up the circumstances and in many cases, it's easy to smell a rat!

For example, I once came second for a fairly rare 45 (£100 ish) and less than half an hour after the auction finished the seller came on and said that the original buyer didn't want it anymore so i had the 'privilege' of buying it at my maximum bid.............now if that doesn't get alarm bells ringing i don;t know what would! I politely told him to go f**k himself LOL

So to keep credibility as a seller, I think it's only fair to do this as and when you get f**ked over by a time waster. If the third bid is too low, or doesn't exist, then it has to be relisted (which is what happened with one of the three 45's above)

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

:hatsoff2:HI ALL....Steve could you explain what are the pit falls as a seller on EBay? this is just an enquiry into what the realistic expectations of selling on the EBay site. As we all are aware of the basic principles of EBay and the use of FEEDBACK to make the EBay community aware of issues that may cause buyer or seller problems?

Why am I asking? simply as a buyer only on EBay, 99% has been with dealers who sell records, that I would like to obtain for my personal use, I have made over 1000 purchases, since joining. and my feedback score is 100%, and I have yet to give anyone a negative feedback,

As like most people who use SOULSOURCE have experience of buying rare records, at club/venue level, personally my experience as a seller of records at venues goes back to 1973, at WIGAN & BLACKPOOL MECCA, The rules of selling back then, had to be asserted on the to any potential buyer, as the scene is based around rare records, the rules that I used were as follows,

1, always keep your eyes on the record box, 2, intersect only with buyer on specific issues relating to his/her purchase, (many a block head, will ask 100 questions about every thing, but the record he has waving about in his hands), 3, never allow people to grab a handful of records, when more than 2 people are looking through your box, 4, Always have another person with you, as you only have 2 eyes, 5, be cautious in letting individuals who make impossible requests from you, as this is a common way to distract you, and your focus on your box, 6, Forget all the Right ON Soul Brother stuff, many records are stolen, even record boxes, in many cases to order? 7, never lend records ever? 8, don't be out of head while selling?

As you are a seller, what is it that does not work, as far as I can see, and forgive me if I am wrong, someone is either late or changed their minds about a purchase from you? This can be easy rectified by including a rule on transaction,

As a seller you surely expect the issue of non payment to crop up regularly, so you should again have a policy about this, in a straight forward statement. you don't want to lose potential custom.

To conclude I do understand the frustrations that sellers go through, also that a seller is 10x more likely to receive negative feedback, to help with this I try to pay for my purchases within 12 hours of the end of auction, however there have been times when this has not happened,

If there was a reason, that I could not make contact with the seller after 14 days, and the seller used another web site to discuss issues that could be very private but decremental to my character I would be well annoyed, and would take the matter further, especially if it's about non payment? as you have not lost anything as such, a sales deal perhaps, but can you imagine if sales people around the world named and shamed an individual for a non sale??

The name and shame policy should only be used for known people who commit proven crimes, non payment is not a crime is it??

:wicked: or is it the principle of the matter :g: DAVE K :g:

Kinell Dave there's a lot of stuff in there Sir?

I think the biggest pitfalls are where you actually lose money by sending the goods out and having your parcels 'go missing' so the buyer gets his money back and you lose the records etc. Protecting yourself by having proper mailing policies is crucial in minimizing this kind of buyers scam. For example, someone came on to me last week and said they hadn't received their 45, i sent them a scan (from the Post Offices own 'track & trace' website) of their own signature from when they picked it up..................................strangely enough i haven't heard anything from them since LOL

As far as not losing money in this case, no i didn't send the goods out but it's cost me in other ways. There does seem to be a wave of bidders going around ebay simply winning things and then disappearing. They do it a few times, then get booted off ebay, where they re-register and continue doing it etc Pete Smith has posted on here loads about the guy who keeps f**king up the rare reggae sales. It also happened to me recently with a very rare (£400+) boogie 12". F**ked me up completely and the second and third bidders didn't want to play ball afterwards (and who would blame them?)

Naming and shaming - I'm not sure whether this particular guy is someone purposely bidding like above BUT it was over a £100 and because of the complete lack of communication from the buyer i decided (rightly or wrongly) to post the name and id up to get some sort of feedback. I did cover myself with post #2 and am quite willing to take it all back and publicly apologise should it turn out that there is a genuine reason for it.

Hope this answers most of your questions?

Cheers

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI STEVE Don't get me wrong mate, I am almost 100% in agreement, I have just used your article, as a platform for others, who may think it's a cool thing to do, and personally we have all been let down, but although our mate might muck people around and has mucked you about, I was pointing out, if for some reason it was me being named for that, I would be tempted to bury at least 10 hole of DM up your arse? no not really, however if you have had records stolen or worse a DJ BOX?? as I have, you really feel gutted and low and then you. well I would have got great pleasure from inflicting pain that would last a lifetime, I don't like the trend of name and shame, if any one has an issue and cant sort it, you have the contact of someone who can sort it for you?

you understand nothing personal, mate. as always :shhh: DAVE & ASSOCIATES IN DEBTS AND UNSEEN ASAILANTS :wicked: ,

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Honourable, yes I guess it is Boba but to me it's just good sense and this comes from being on the other end of a 'second chance scam' as a buyer.

Second chance offers are great when someone has other copies BUT when the seller contacts you and says the original buyer has pulled out/not paid/died etc, then as a buyer you have to weigh up the circumstances and in many cases, it's easy to smell a rat!

For example, I once came second for a fairly rare 45 (£100 ish) and less than half an hour after the auction finished the seller came on and said that the original buyer didn't want it anymore so i had the 'privilege' of buying it at my maximum bid.............now if that doesn't get alarm bells ringing i don;t know what would! I politely told him to go f**k himself LOL

So to keep credibility as a seller, I think it's only fair to do this as and when you get f**ked over by a time waster. If the third bid is too low, or doesn't exist, then it has to be relisted (which is what happened with one of the three 45's above)

Cheers

Steve

Be Interest to know how you send second chance offers for the bid price you claim, ebay only allows you to send one for the second highest bid, it does allow you to set a price, Are you sending the offer through the ebay message system, if so i'd be careful as they do monitor the system for key words. it's against ebay rules to carry out transactions outside of ebay, ie them not getting commission.

Social source share

Be Interest to know how you send second chance offers for the bid price you claim, ebay only allows you to send one for the second highest bid, it does allow you to set a price, Are you sending the offer through the ebay message system, if so i'd be careful as they do monitor the system for key words. it's against ebay rules to carry out transactions outside of ebay, ie them not getting commission.

Oh yes, you're right, you need to do it via messaging :shhh:

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI STEVE Don't get me wrong mate, I am almost 100% in agreement, I have just used your article, as a platform for others, who may think it's a cool thing to do, and personally we have all been let down, but although our mate might muck people around and has mucked you about, I was pointing out, if for some reason it was me being named for that, I would be tempted to bury at least 10 hole of DM up your arse? no not really, however if you have had records stolen or worse a DJ BOX?? as I have, you really feel gutted and low and then you. well I would have got great pleasure from inflicting pain that would last a lifetime, I don't like the trend of name and shame, if any one has an issue and cant sort it, you have the contact of someone who can sort it for you?

you understand nothing personal, mate. as always :shhh: DAVE & ASSOCIATES IN DEBTS AND UNSEEN ASAILANTS :wicked: ,

Hi Dave

Yes, true, if it was the other way round, i'd be pissed IF i had got a proper reason

If i had simply won an item and didn't take it any further, i think i'd expect naming though?

Seeing as no one seems to know him, what i'll do is amend the title so it's just his ebay id then at least other sellers can be forewarned

Cheers

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Dave

Yes, true, if it was the other way round, i'd be pissed IF i had got a proper reason

If i had simply won an item and didn't take it any further, i think i'd expect naming though?

Seeing as no one seems to know him, what i'll do is amend the title so it's just his ebay id then at least other sellers can be forewarned

Cheers

Steve

Bit of a wasted effort though Steve..you would have to ask others who have quoted your text to do likewise ,as his name is in their posts :yes:

A few guys from Boro on here ..maybe one of them knows him ?? or knows a man who does :g:

Social source share

another ebay time waster brio.knight.....

is this your feedback Steve or has someone else been hit?

"NON PAYING BUYER-COUNTY COURT PROCEEDINGS FOR PAYMENT PENDING-SELLERS BE AWARE!"

https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=brio.knight&ftab=AllFeedback

Edited by p0stscript
Social source share

is this your feedback Steve or has someone else been hit?

"NON PAYING BUYER-COUNTY COURT PROCEEDINGS FOR PAYMENT PENDING-SELLERS BE AWARE!"

https://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

No that's not me - once you cancel a transaction you cannot leave feedback.........................but that is very interesting!

Thanks for pointing it out, like i said, good for other sellers to be aware of the id

Cheers

Steve

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest mickeyfish58

Hi Dave

Cheers

Steve steve it as just come to me who he is, when he as bought from me in the past and taken so long to pay it is because he works on the oil riggs and is off shore for long periods - hope this might shed a bit of light on things

mick

Social source share

Thanks Mick, much appreciated.

I do deal with a few lads who work away a lot and virtually all of them point this out. I NEVER have a problem holding records for folks (sometimes for years, honest!) BUT you'd think if you worked away a lot, you'd have the decency to at least mention this?

This isn't a money issue really, it's a decency/etiquette thing

I do believe this particular case is different to that of the f**kers who deliberately f**k up auctions BUT it only takes a few seconds to write or reply to a message

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Steve

you've warned other members and asked for info

I think the thread has served its purpose

as any more follow on discussion will be tied to the original post with the id etc

think its time to close this

if do wish some of the general points to be moved to a new thread just pm me

thanks

mike

Social source share