Gregory Porter - 1960 What? 12" - Limited Edition Single

S&m

For lovers of the 12" plastic !! - now available as a hand number limited edition 12" press including the massive Opolopo Remix flipped with the original mix too.

Probably the biggest record over the last 12 months across soul / jazz & house scenes - don't miss out on your VINYL copy - AVAILABLE WHILE STOCKS LAST.

View and listen here - https://www.firstexperiencerecords.com/product-detail/12%22+Singles+-+House/74/Expansion/Gregory+Porter/1960+What%3F/vinyl/2718

• Helpful 1
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Aah so the ' Northern ' heads scurry again ( well cos it got played at a rare soul venue ) LOL over 18 months after it ' s been played and appreciated by many ... catch up springs to mind..... :yes:

Oh F*ck off Glyn.:lol:

This isn't about the northern scene picking up on a record after the modern scene shock horror.

It's about a collectible vinyl release. I'm a vinyl man. Thought you were a vinyl man yerself?

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

I know it has been known for ages.

I don't know whether it's been played on the northern scene or not. I doubt it would be played on the rare soul scene.

I am not condoning someone charging £50 for a copy. It was £10 on Saturday - but that is one of the downsides of this Record Day stuff - instant demand and exploitation.

Have already said I like collecting vinyl. Scoff all you want, but it's a nice item to have on a 12" single.

See you soon Glyn.

Social source share

Just defeats the whole initial objective of Record Store Day though doesn' t it Steve ?

Not what they set out to achieve when first developed a few years back.

Saw a shop on Saturday in Sheffield ( while footie bound ) that never has customers...300 queing outside at 9 am....

Hours later they are busy listing them on Ebay at inflated prices .

Gregory Porter is a great piece of vinyl but a £10 item is what it should be.

Anyhow ten years down the line we probably won' t have a RSD all the physical entity shops will be long gone me fears....

Social source share

Temper temper - just stating facts - facts its been well known for 18 months - played for 18 months , now cos its a record store day numbered 12 its worth £50 plus do me a favour ....go buy his latest cd ' Be Good ' , maybe in two years a ' rare ' soul DJ will spin a track from it.... :shhh:

I'd love to have 'On my way to Harlem' on a vinyl 7 inch one day, superb track, better than this too, in my humble... :hatsoff2:

Social source share

I know it has been known for ages.

I don't know whether it's been played on the northern scene or not. I doubt it would be played on the rare soul scene.

I am not condoning someone charging £50 for a copy. It was £10 on Saturday - but that is one of the downsides of this Record Day stuff - instant demand and exploitation.

Have already said I like collecting vinyl. Scoff all you want, but it's a nice item to have on a 12" single.

See you soon Glyn.

Sam's played it I think.

Social source share

Sam's played it I think.

:lol: Was with Sam the first time he heard it at one of his birthday events last year when Mark Randle played it.

Laughing cos he said he didn't like it & lo & behold a year later he's playing a bootleg vinyl copy of it.

For what it's worth I think it's a pretty amazing track from a pretty amazing artist & yes I have got one of the 12" 3rd issues, 1st issue was the mp3, 2nd issue was the cd & download album.

Wonder what they're worth now the 3rd issue is going for daft amounts :g::D

Social source share

Aah so the ' Northern ' heads scurry again ( well cos it got played at a rare soul venue ) LOL over 18 months after it ' s been played and appreciated by many ... catch up springs to mind..... :yes:

Well said Glyn, this is exactly what has happened. :thumbup: :thumbup: Guess I'll also get a eff off from the unofficial northern scene's spokesman :P At least you have a love for Jazz!

BH

Social source share

Well said Glyn, this is exactly what has happened. :thumbup: :thumbup: Guess I'll also get a eff off from the unofficial northern scene's spokesman :P At least you have a love for Jazz!

BH

Blake that is a rather daft thing to say really if aimed at me since I am not even really "on" the northern scene. :sleep3:

What is it with you guys that you have to try and score silly points?

Is it that you don't collect vinyl anymore or something? :unsure:

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

I just got a copy from Soul Brother Records in Putney, they still have some left if anyones still looking.

I couldnt care less if its been played on the 'northern' scene or I didnt know about it 18 months ago, I just like it and Ive bought it and now I'm going to play it and after that I'm going to have some humous and pitta bread, Ive only just recently discovered the joys of humous, apparently people have been into it for years !!!

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...