dennyj

Country Of Origin ? Solomon King On Columbia

Found this today in Singapore record warehouse. I've had copies on UK, and Australian Columbia but i don't recognise this label style, and there's no clue on the label - I doubt it's Japanese - maybe Indian - where else did EMI have a pressing plant in this region, any ideas ?

cheers,

Denny

post-2948-0-09124200-1335193599_thumb.jp

Found this today in Singapore record warehouse. I've had copies on UK, and Australian Columbia but i don't recognise this label style, and there's no clue on the label - I doubt it's Japanese - maybe Indian - where else did EMI have a pressing plant in this region, any ideas ?

cheers,

Denny

At first glance, I thought it was a 78.

Greek?

cheers,

Denny

Is it not a Singapore press? They did press records there.

:hatsoff2: HI ALL If it's not Singapore, as they did press records as said, but they also imported from INDIA or the Philapines, however it's strange that it;s not written on the label, how about this big YATE sound? value? but must be above the UK ISSUE? :ohmy: DAVE

post-13241-0-76790700-1335207045_thumb.j

Edited by dthedrug

Guest allnightandy

Okeh pressed records there and they were part of Columbia

Edited by allnightandy

Singapore/Malaysia, I'd have thought...

...and you would have thought right about Singapore. I don't know if it was actually pressed there, but the label design/font etc is identical to that on a Lulu EP that I own, and that comes in a pic sleeve with EMI Singapre's address on the back.

...and you would have thought right about Singapore. I don't know if it was actually pressed there, but the label design/font etc is identical to that on a Lulu EP that I own, and that comes in a pic sleeve with EMI Singapre's address on the back.

Tony, would that be the Lulu ep containing her version of "Leave a little love" ? There was a copy in this place but I left it cos got the UK single. Shudda got it!

I had 1 of those a few years back and as you say very little info but i always thought it was a Singapore release :)

Edited by KELBOY

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.