Country Of Origin ? Solomon King On Columbia

dennyj

Found this today in Singapore record warehouse. I've had copies on UK, and Australian Columbia but i don't recognise this label style, and there's no clue on the label - I doubt it's Japanese - maybe Indian - where else did EMI have a pressing plant in this region, any ideas ?

cheers,

Denny

post-2948-0-09124200-1335193599_thumb.jp

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Found this today in Singapore record warehouse. I've had copies on UK, and Australian Columbia but i don't recognise this label style, and there's no clue on the label - I doubt it's Japanese - maybe Indian - where else did EMI have a pressing plant in this region, any ideas ?

cheers,

Denny

At first glance, I thought it was a 78.

Greek?

Social source share

cheers,

Denny

Is it not a Singapore press? They did press records there.

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL If it's not Singapore, as they did press records as said, but they also imported from INDIA or the Philapines, however it's strange that it;s not written on the label, how about this big YATE sound? value? but must be above the UK ISSUE? :ohmy: DAVE

post-13241-0-76790700-1335207045_thumb.j

Edited by dthedrug
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Singapore/Malaysia, I'd have thought...

...and you would have thought right about Singapore. I don't know if it was actually pressed there, but the label design/font etc is identical to that on a Lulu EP that I own, and that comes in a pic sleeve with EMI Singapre's address on the back.

Social source share

...and you would have thought right about Singapore. I don't know if it was actually pressed there, but the label design/font etc is identical to that on a Lulu EP that I own, and that comes in a pic sleeve with EMI Singapre's address on the back.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!