Ian Levine ' Solid Soul Sensations' April Podcast Now Up

Pete S

I used to play Eloise 'If You Don't Watch Out' on a 45. Still have it. Nice pic sleeve too!

It's an old Bell / Creed number originally recorded on the Stylistics, which is also quite nice and can be found on the flip of 'Peek A Boo' UK AVCO.

Worth a listen.

Also, Peter, you might remember Eloise Laws '1,000 Laughs' on ABC, I used to play at Cleggy, after Mary Chapman gave me a copy, saying 'dedicated to all those who 'used' to be on the Northern Soul scene'.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Good evening Sean

I hope you and yours are well. I do actually recall the Eloise Laws track you mention - but only vaguely and only now you mention it. I can't believe that If I Don't Watch Out seems to have passed me by!

:g:

Peter

:thumbsup:

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

IF SOMEONE IS BARRED FROM THIS SITE, WHY ARE THEY ASKING FRIENDS TO UPLOAD A PODCAST? IF AS HE SAYS HE HAS BEEN TREATED SO BADLY BY THIS SITE THEN WHY DOES HE WANT THIS SITE TO LISTEN TO HIS PODCAST.... CONFUSED OF MANCHESTER.

Social source share

Yes quite a bit Peter. Her ABC stuff and Invictus stuff is also worth checking out as well as the Liberty album. I think her best are If you don't watch out and Love Factory though.

Steve

I like the invictus material a lot

Social source share

IF SOMEONE IS BARRED FROM THIS SITE, WHY ARE THEY ASKING FRIENDS TO UPLOAD A PODCAST? IF AS HE SAYS HE HAS BEEN TREATED SO BADLY BY THIS SITE THEN WHY DOES HE WANT THIS SITE TO LISTEN TO HIS PODCAST.... CONFUSED OF MANCHESTER.

========

let him back on - liven things up again wouldnt it..

Edited by wiganer1
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

the idea is that the discussion in here is about the podcasts not the site or the person

so will keep this brief

as his past membership has been mentioned, for those members not around at the time, what actually happened is below

(all posts related to this can be found via the normal forum search plus the archive search (members only) )

1. Suspension. After threatening this site with legal action in response to a members postings, another member reported that he was pm-ing others attempting to get them to post to make the actual situation worse

At the time I felt that a member giving out legal threats and then attempting via pms to make the actual situation worse was unacceptable.

After discussion the decision by the site team was to suspend him till further notice

2. Thrown Off. On news of this suspension he then felt fit to sent me threats and abuse reference the site moderation.

This was despite my earlier requests for him to stop sending such abuse and my earlier warning that if he did continue I will pass on any future abuse/threats to a third party.

The abuse and threats sent led to my decision to throw him off this site for good

That is basically what happened, as said no real wish to revisit all this but will if felt needed highlight any site past matters

Do ask if do wish to discuss past site matters etc then use the feedback forum and also ask can we now return to the thread subject rather than past site matters etc etc

thanks

mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!