Maxine Brown-let Me Give You My Lovin': How Many Versions?

Guest ShaneH

I used to listen to this on soulclub all the time. I have just got a cd from a friend with this track but the version is quite different compared to the one on soulclub imo.

anyone confirm if this is true?

cheers

Shane

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shane, I tried to get an answer on this early this year- seems there are at least two versions - the 45 release and a less finished sounding version (with a different intro) which I think only came out on a Kent CD. I was told a while back that there was another different version on an album but never had it confirmed, so I'd like to know more too ! It's Maxine's finest hour for me and certainly in my top twenty Northern tracks. Sublime.

Social source share

Shane, I tried to get an answer on this early this year- seems there are at least two versions - the 45 release and a less finished sounding version (with a different intro) which I think only came out on a Kent CD. I was told a while back that there was another different version on an album but never had it confirmed, so I'd like to know more too ! It's Maxine's finest hour for me and certainly in my top twenty Northern tracks. Sublime.

quite a big difference in the two imo. one is much more complicated with different strings and bongos and alsorts. the vocal is different too. if soulclub was up and running i would post both versions up.

shane

Social source share

Remember that discussion Simon ranting_1.gif Was that on here, been trying to find it?!

Found something about it... https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=9069

Edited by rachel
Social source share

Looking at the link Rachel, I must have been asking eleswhere cos I ain't there! It might have been on 'Arthurs" and I asked a few significent people at the time and they didn't know. Pretty sure the 'other' version is on tape here somewhere in a box Shane. If I can find it I'll post it up.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!