Sorry Bout Dat - Syl Johnson

Dayo

Sorry bout dat - Syl Johnson.

Picked up this little powerhouse at a car boot two weeks ago and I just got round to playing it. It's a bit knackered and I guess it's not a high ticket disc, but what a good groove.

Anyone ever imagine hearing it out?

Colin

Edited by ShaneH
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sorry bout dat - Syl Johnson.

Picked up this little powerhouse at a car boot two weeks ago and I just got round to playing it. It's a bit knackered and I guess it's not a high ticket disc, but what a good groove.

Anyone ever imagine hearing it out?

Colin

Prefer the flip (Different Strokes), but prefer 'Try Me' (the version on the yellow label, not the Blue/White issue with 'I Feel An Urge' on the flip) to either of them. I'd have thought 'Try Me' would be a stronger candidate for playing out, which I'm sure it does but probably not en masse.

Social source share

Prefer the flip (Different Strokes), but prefer 'Try Me' (the version on the yellow label, not the Blue/White issue with 'I Feel An Urge' on the flip) to either of them. I'd have thought 'Try Me' would be a stronger candidate for playing out, which I'm sure it does but probably not en masse.

Try me is getting a fair few plays out of late ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Could see this rcord courting favor with the mod fraternity.....very hard edged with the usual powerful vocal from Mr Johnson........

He slipped quite easily from uptempo cheery southern soul to social comment before Marvin and Sly Stone made ghetto songs "chic"......

For fans of deep soul I suggest....."I'm talkin 'bout freedom" .....

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

Could see this rcord courting favor with the mod fraternity.....very hard edged with the usual powerful vocal from Mr Johnson........

He slipped quite easily from uptempo cheery southern soul to social comment before Marvin and Sly Stone made ghetto songs "chic"......

For fans of deep soul I suggest....."I'm talkin 'bout freedom" .....

Very true. I thought Mod when I heard it. Chunky and cheap.

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Very true. I thought Mod when I heard it. Chunky and cheap.

chunky & cheap.....so you knew my ex girlfriend then......

You shouldn't call them that they'll get upset....... ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Right up my street these tunes love em both and funnely enough ive got sound files of them so ive posted em up. My Copys a beaten up too so sorry about the clicks

Syl Johnson - Differant Strokes - Twilight

Syl Johnson - Sorry bout dat - Twilight

Thanks for posting the soundfiles Miff.

He's got a great voice hasn't he? Not a cent held back!

Edited by Dayo
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!