psamsara

Any Info On This Rare Soul Merchants Doublesider?

I'm pretty sure this is semi-known by funk collectors. This was on ebay a month ago, from that guy selling some deceased milwaukee collector's records, didn't even crack $150. Last year it was on ebay also, but it was from that shady Japanese seller that kept listing (clearly overgraded) records, shill bidding them, and relisting them. So I don't know if it sold. It generally doesn't come up for sale that much though.

Think I'll stick with the Radiants (& Jimmy James & V's) versions.

you know there's like at least two dozen covers of the song? many of them are from hispanic groups from san antonio.

RE: many of them are from hispanic groups from san antonio.

Bob, do you know why the song was so popular with the 'Mexican' community down there in 'nowheresville' Texas ?

Guess the Radiants version (a national US hit in 1965) must have been a big radio play in the city.

I'm pretty sure this is semi-known by funk collectors. This was on ebay a month ago, from that guy selling some deceased milwaukee collector's records, didn't even crack $150. Last year it was on ebay also, but it was from that shady Japanese seller that kept listing (clearly overgraded) records, shill bidding them, and relisting them. So I don't know if it sold. It generally doesn't come up for sale that much though.

yeah Boba, it was sold in the end.. not to me though. Didn't know he was doing shady business. What i did know is that "ain't no big thing" is a cover, but i mainly wanted to check the pulse on funk side. More soul lovers here, obviously :)

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

• 4 posts
    • 197 reads
    • soul shrews
    • 24 May 2018
    • 566 posts
    • 31231 reads
    • polyvelts
    • 23 May 2018
    • 4 posts
    • 465 reads
    • itsthebeat
    • 18 May 2018
  1. Any Ideas ??

• 4 posts
    • 551 reads
    • manus
    • 17 May 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 239 reads
    • mike
    • 01 May 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 142 reads
    • Roburt
    • 28 Apr 2018
    • 42 posts
    • 1503 reads
    • northernsoul62
    • 22 Apr 2018

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.