Any Info On This Rare Soul Merchants Doublesider?

Psamsara

• Replies 5
  • Views 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm pretty sure this is semi-known by funk collectors. This was on ebay a month ago, from that guy selling some deceased milwaukee collector's records, didn't even crack $150. Last year it was on ebay also, but it was from that shady Japanese seller that kept listing (clearly overgraded) records, shill bidding them, and relisting them. So I don't know if it sold. It generally doesn't come up for sale that much though.

Social source share

RE: many of them are from hispanic groups from san antonio.

Bob, do you know why the song was so popular with the 'Mexican' community down there in 'nowheresville' Texas ?

Guess the Radiants version (a national US hit in 1965) must have been a big radio play in the city.

Social source share

I'm pretty sure this is semi-known by funk collectors. This was on ebay a month ago, from that guy selling some deceased milwaukee collector's records, didn't even crack $150. Last year it was on ebay also, but it was from that shady Japanese seller that kept listing (clearly overgraded) records, shill bidding them, and relisting them. So I don't know if it sold. It generally doesn't come up for sale that much though.

yeah Boba, it was sold in the end.. not to me though. Didn't know he was doing shady business. What i did know is that "ain't no big thing" is a cover, but i mainly wanted to check the pulse on funk side. More soul lovers here, obviously :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!