Maurice Williams Being Without You Info On Maroon Press Boot/second Issue

posstot

Can someone tell me. I have a maroon label( nearly invisible gold print ) 45 of this, deesu. It isn't the original as far as i know, is it a boot, second issue or something else. Looks too old and sounds too good fidelity wise to be a straight boot. Anyone with any answers on a postcard to....this post

Mike

Edited by posstot
Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

That maroon one was pressed in 1976, whether it's a boot or legal reissue I'm not sure, I;d think it's probably a legal one as a green counterfeit appeared just previous to that (very much like the original but with silver lettering instead of gold)

Social source share

I'm amazed at the recent prices for this record - yesterday or the day before an original went for £350, and a green boot was well into 3 figures not too long ago. Even the maroon reissues are kind of high in price - All these high prices seem to be in the last 3 or 4 months. Is there some recent demand for this?

That's unbelievable. I still sell that maroon one for a tenner.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I got a feeling John Anderson (Soul Bowl) may have got the maroons ligitimately pressed up

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL As I am not as expert, as you 2 Wolverhampton lads, I also have noticed the price rise? maybe we are looking right back to the 70s as a bench marks, or it.'s a case that we got copies from the right people or they come our way before reaching others? but they are all classics, I have not looked at RANKING JOHNNY BOYS AUCTION, to-night but 2 of these were for sale and I bet you would price them the same as me, the rarest not money wise is the DELCOS 1st press as over the years I have seen loads of RED COPIES. VALUE PLEASE? :ohmy: DAVE

post-13241-0-58287100-1335390600_thumb.jpost-13241-0-94671500-1335390555_thumb.jpost-13241-0-23316600-1335390494_thumb.jpost-13241-0-10666400-1335390477_thumb.j

Social source share

Guest DeeJay

Might as well put my 2 pennethworth in.I keep my eye out on lists pretty regularly, ebay and the like, and to be honest, you just dont see it for sale.I know it was pretty common back in the day,Either that or i havent noticed it. You know it's weird that -records we all reckon are reasonably common that "normally"go for cheaper prices dont really reflect the recent rarity.If that makes sense

DJ

Social source share

The green and gold is the orginal.

Green and silver is an illegal boot, maroon is a legal boot if memory serves correctly !

Also the original green and gold has a Nashville Mains matrix stamp in the run out!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

No offence intended here, but it says Nashville Matrix not Nashville Mains, why did people start using this term, must be 20 years now.

coz the Nashville stamp so looks like "mains" not "matrix" at times. The r and i in the hand written font looks like an n and the t looks like an i, think it's fondly refered to as "mains" now. One thing I do know, when it comes to anything stamped in a run out groove, Solidsoul's ya man :yes:

also, talking bout Maurice Williams, anyone like the A side, "Baby Baby", now that gotta be a "shag dancing" classic?

steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!