The Dells - Run For Cover - Different Design

Pete S

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Never seen it before either Pete - but do you think it could be an early '70s issue?

Yes surely that has to be a re-issue as that colour & design was 70s - weird !

Social source share

When the Chess corporation was sold to GRT in January 1969, they immediately started to dish out loads of reissues with the same label design as on that Dells 45. "Run For Cover" was originally released in 1966. This post-1969 reissue might very well be rarer, but should not cost more than £3.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

When the Chess corporation was sold to GRT in January 1969, they immediately started to dish out loads of reissues with the same label design as on that Dells 45. "Run For Cover" was originally released in 1966. This post-1969 reissue might very well be rarer, but should not cost more than £3.

ranting_1.gifunsure.gif:yes:

It's going to be at least £30, I've never seen one and it doesn't look like many others have!

Social source share

Big difference between this as a reissue and a '2nd issue' / boot' - i've never seen that design B4 - Nice !!

Girf

Social source share

Hi Pete..I had one of these in the 90,s sold it as a 70,s press

like a few of there other releases on that style.IE "Its all up to you "

never see it much though.

I reckon it would be much the same price due to rarity.

Edited by the gasher
Social source share

Guest Soulfood33
Does anyone know if this design is rarer than the pale blue one...I don't remember seeing this one before..any help appreciated
Second Press !! 1973 I believe. I also have Marlena Shaw - let's Wade In the Water on this design.
Social source share

Second Press !! 1973 I believe. I also have Marlena Shaw - let's Wade In the Water on this design.

Yes I was gonna say that but couldn`t be arsed checking.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!