New Street Adventure

Guest Soul in the Soul

Guest Soul in the Soul

Hi boys and girls, I hope you don't mind me promoting a new band on my 1st thread but I just had to let you know about a new young English Soul band that I have been listening to of late. Their name is NEW STREET ADVENTURE and they are based in east London.They sound really fresh and obviously English but it is still very much the Soul that we all love. The lead singer is fantastic and writes so eloquently, the girls harmonies + the wind section really add something special and the other members are such great young musicians. The British music scene really needs a lift at this moment in time, wouldn't it be great if we had a load of young Soul bands hitting the charts. If you get time you can look them up on Newstreetadventure.co.uk or on youtube "The big AC" would be a great track to start with. I really hope to hear your views on the band.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 5 years later...

Sad to report that New Street Adventure are disbanding after ten years gigging during which they released two fine albums and several EPs.  I'll miss them as I thought they were the best of the young English soul influenced bands.  Nick Corbin who is their main writer is contracted to write songs for some more famous artists. The last gig is on Friday January 29th 2018 and as befits a London band  it's in central London at 229 The Venue.  I've a fair few favourites but'll highlight these two, the first featuring Levanna.

Social source share

Guest Spain pete

Eddie pillar has been playing them for year's on his Soho radio program,   that's the acid jazz connection , not a group for the purists amongst us , shame really , personally l think they are quite refreshing . 👍🎶🎶🎶

1 hour ago, Roburt said:

Both of above tracks were included on the Acid Jazz CD 'Modern Northern Soul'.

Social source share

• 1 month later...
On 19/12/2017 at 09:50, KevinKent said:

Soul influenced?......most definately!

You do realise that 'The Big A.C.' is Ady Croasdell and that song is a tribute to the Northern scene in general and the 100 Club niters in particular.

:hatsoff2:- Kev

Hi Kev, Just to correct you. The Big A C is dedicated to Sussex based soul DJ (check his show on Radio Uckfield 105 every Monday) and soul collector Adrian Corbin.  His son Nick Corbin is the lead singer and songwriter. of New Street Adventure.  He wrote the song about his Dad .

Social source share

Goodbye to New Street Adventure. They sign off tonight January 29th at 229 The Venue in Central London.  

The last gig as befits a London band  it's in Central London at 229 The Venue. Just about sold out but a few tickets on the door. A fair few guests are anticipated and the music will continue until 3am with Emma Noble and Sophie Heath plus The Big AC Adrian Corbin playing the decks.

Edited by Stormcock
Social source share

5 hours ago, Firecrest said:

Goodbye to New Street Adventure. They sign off tonight January 29th at 229 The Venue in Central London.  

The last gig as befits a London band  it's in Central London at 229 The Venue. Just about sold out but a few tickets on the door. A fair few guests are anticipated and the music will continue until 3am with Emma Noble and Sophie Heath plus The Big AC Adrian Corbin playing the decks.

If you say so. However it seems strange that a song based on band members experience of the 100 Club niter has a title that could be a nod to Ady Croasdell .......but isn't.

I believe Ady is a family friend of sorts so I'm not going to labour the point.

Whichever is correct it's sad to see them go. 

BTW is their final gig tonight (26th) or the 29th? Best to get that bit right as there may be some reading this that might like to go.

:hatsoff2:- Kev

Edit:  Just seen an earlier post that states the gig is on the 29th. :thumbsup:

Edited by KevinKent
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!