Judy Hughes - Fine/crazy 60,s Show Clip

Breaking news: Titanic sinks :lol:

sorry Bod couldn't resist it

What are you talking about Pete? That ship is unsinkable. Quality engineering and there's nothing to bump into on that route.

Anyway, I hadn't seen the clip before and thought it was a groovy bit of 60's tele to highlight. The host reminded me of the bloke doing the presenting in the Grease film.

By the way, good to see you yesterday, sad that we only all get together at things like that.

Cheers

Edited by bo diddley
Social source share

What are you talking about Pete? That ship is unsinkable. Quality engineering and there's nothing to bump into on that route.

Anyway, I hadn't seen the clip before and thought it was a groovy bit of 60's tele to highlight. The host reminded me of the bloke doing the presenting in the Grease film.

By the way, good to see you yesterday, sad that we only all get together at things like that.

Cheers

No it is a good clip mate. Funny that it got publicity but then sold practically nothing.

Yes very sad yesterday, fantastic turnout though.

I had one pint and it made me ill!. Only upside was a gave them a fiver and they gave me the pint and change for a tenner :-)

Social source share

"Crazy For You" was a Jobete Music song, produced by Al Capps for Motown's Jobete Music office in L.A. I wonder if any of Motown's signed artists recorded it (as "My Heart is Calling" by The Magnificents was recorded by The Four Tops, and "I'm So Thankful" by The Ikettes was recorded by Barbara Randolph, and ""You Hit Me (Right Where it Hurt Me)" by Alice Clark was recorded by Kim Weston)? As The Motown Vaults are continuously being searched for overlooked gems, more of the L.A. and N.Y. Jobete songs that were used by outside producers on non-Motown labels will be discovered to have been recorded in Detroit by Motown artists.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

"Crazy For You" was a Jobete Music song, produced by Al Capps for Motown's Jobete Music office in L.A. I wonder if any of Motown's signed artists recorded it (as "My Heart is Calling" by The Magnificents was recorded by The Four Tops, and "I'm So Thankful" by The Ikettes was recorded by Barbara Randolph, and ""You Hit Me (Right Where it Hurt Me)" by Alice Clark was recorded by Kim Weston)? As The Motown Vaults are continuously being searched for overlooked gems, more of the L.A. and N.Y. Jobete songs that were used by outside producers on non-Motown labels will be discovered to have been recorded in Detroit by Motown artists.

Thanks for that RobbK,

I'll try to track some of those down to have a listen.

Also, very interesting to think of the potential non-Motown Jobete songs lurking in the archive's on tape. It would make an interesting thread to list non-Motown Jobete songs. I might start one.

Cheers

Kev Bod.

Edited by bo diddley
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!