Post Office Package Increase

Barry

yeah for sure barry ,1st class letters are rising also ..........60p was mentioned. they always hike up the prices before privitisation,

remember bt they double the price of a local call and halved the call time !!!!

I'm sure I caught them saying that small packages will be rising to a flat £2.70 - but didn't catch what weight under or over.

That's ridiculous.

Social source share

Right - I'd best go and revise 80 insertions on Ebay then - arse!!

large letters which is what 45's mainly comes under has gone up from £1.09 to &1.20 first class

good for approx 3 or 4 singles in one of the 45 cardboard mailers 101-250gms

kev

Edited by kevinsoulman
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I'm sure I caught them saying that small packages will be rising to a flat £2.70 - but didn't catch what weight under or over.

That's ridiculous.

Barry, no increase is welcome but get yourself over here in Belgium where I am currently and the postage is mental - 10 Euros a package (say 3 - 4 45's) I'm sure it's similar in a lot of Europe..

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Barry, no increase is welcome but get yourself over here in Belgium where I am currently and the postage is mental - 10 Euros a package (say 3 - 4 45's) I'm sure it's similar in a lot of Europe..

Balls!! ??

As if it's not hard enough presently.

Social source share

I live in Belgium, I ALWAYS come to the UK to post records (will be coming this Monday) the difference pays for the trip and more................ :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

How many do you have to post to make it cost effective?

Unless you're coming back for family or business there can't be an economical reason for travelling just to post..

The only possible reason is for higher end price items where you incorporate the post cost into the 45..

Social source share

large letters which is what 45's mainly comes under has gone up from £1.09 to &1.20 first class

good for approx 3 or 4 singles in one of the 45 cardboard mailers 101-250gms

kev

For sending abroad from the UK is the one that will hurt the most.

UK to Europe at present for 140g is £1.79 ---- this goes up to £2.93 --- if it's 160g then £3.16

UK to Worldwide at present for 140g is £2.60 -- this goes up to £3.90 --- if it's 160g then £4.50

Those are massive increases that will affect anyone in the UK sending records abroad.

Full details are here ...

https://www.royalmail.com/prices2012

Social source share

Is that US to US ?

What can we brits expect as a typical postage to pay when buying in from US - at the moment its about $6 / $7 on average

I meant first class international, US to outside the US, sorry I was not clear. That is pretty much the cheapest price you can get sending a 45 in a mailer to the UK. Anyone still charging $6 is losing money and are still on the old rates.

Social source share

I meant first class international, US to outside the US, sorry I was not clear. That is pretty much the cheapest price you can get sending a 45 in a mailer to the UK. Anyone still charging $6 is losing money and are still on the old rates.

Yeah, thinking about it its probably more like $7-$8 these days, so not too much of an increase - thanks Bob

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!