Pete S

7 Dwarfs - Stop Girl - Which Is The Bootleg?

Would really like an answer to this without people just quoting the JM book if possible, someone must know.

Below are two copies of this record that I have, the first one is 100% bootleg with it's much brighter yellow label, flat surface on the label. The second one, I think is an original, the label colour is right, it has a dip before the centre. The problem with the second one is that JM says it should have an F/W stamp on it. This one doesn't. Surely this wasn't popular enough to warrant two separate bootlegs in different styles?

post-1893-0-24726600-1335700789_thumb.jp post-1893-0-95104000-1335700811_thumb.jp

Hello Pete

Take a look at both your copies and the e on Dame Frances are smudged exactly the same on both. Pat Brady has one on his site at the moment and you will see what I mean. Also he points out that the vinyl is thin and flexible.

Hope this helps

Hello Pete

Take a look at both your copies and the e on Dame Frances are smudged exactly the same on both. Pat Brady has one on his site at the moment and you will see what I mean. Also he points out that the vinyl is thin and flexible.

Hope this helps

It does, thanks.

Weird thing is though, I had this at the time it was being played and never remembered the vinyl being particular thin.

Would really like an answer to this without people just quoting the JM book if possible, someone must know.

Below are two copies of this record that I have, the first one is 100% bootleg with it's much brighter yellow label, flat surface on the label. The second one, I think is an original, the label colour is right, it has a dip before the centre. The problem with the second one is that JM says it should have an F/W stamp on it. This one doesn't. Surely this wasn't popular enough to warrant two separate bootlegs in different styles?

post-1893-0-24726600-1335700789_thumb.jp post-1893-0-95104000-1335700811_thumb.jp

So are both of these scans boots?

Dave f...

So are both of these scans boots?

Dave f...

That appears to be the case.

I remain totally unconvinced though, I've sold stacks of these boots but don't remember having the darker yellow one as a boot

I'm starting to think there may be two original presses of this. The one on Pat Brady's site has the label offcentre, there's one on popsike also with the label offcentre, but there's alsosome like mine above which don't have the offcentre labels and appear to be sturdier - I know, not easy to be able to say that from a scan. I"m thinking along the lines of Lost Soul - Secret Of Mine, there are two strikingly different presses of that.

Just dug this out,Had this one since the mid 70s,this has a F/W & 1168A scracthed in the runout but not the machine stamped,

post-2848-0-41703500-1335716591_thumb.jp

Dave f..

And, the label is slightly off, like the others mentioned above. I'm sure I bought mine off one of the Wigan dj's or off someone who got it off one of them, and I just don't remember it being on thin vinyl that's all.

going off what you have said about the F/W stamp. I would say that an original would be stamped with the usual Frankford Wayne stamp.

Does anyone have a copy fully stamped?

The one I had had a dip before the centre, was the same darker yellow, and only had scratched, not stamped, numbers in the run out, and that was before those 70s pressings.

In fact, it might have come from Pat Brady, or Hovis I think.

Edited by MrC

The one I had had a dip before the centre, was the same darker yellow, and only had scratched, not stamped, numbers in the run out, and that was before those 70s pressings.

In fact, it might have come from Pat Brady, or Hovis I think.

Thats probably the copy I'm talking about then Paul, I thought it was me who had it LOL

Thats probably the copy I'm talking about then Paul, I thought it was me who had it LOL

Could be then, because I don't remember you ever having one! - But then again, my memories not exactly 100% either is it!

Edited by MrC

Could be then, because I don't remember you ever having one! - But then again, my memories not exactly 100% either is it!

You remember the things I don't want to remember!

Maybe you sold it to me?

I saw another copy of this on thin flexi vinyl label was really well off centre last year 

Jeff Swollow box all i can remember is that the the run out markings where in a different place than on my copy 

Sid Jones was sitting with Jeff & he said he got 5/6 copies  of someone in the US not sure if he said the owner of the Label 

The upshot of what he said was that he said ALL the originals of this record the LABEL was off centre 

The vinyl was the exact same thickness of mine 

Mine was a definite original and the label was on centre!

If the F/W is not at 11o'clock from the number in the run out groove, someone probably scratched in the F/W to make it look like an original.

The original has no mark through the e in Dame!

4 minutes ago, solidsoul said:

Mine was a definite original and the label was on centre!

If the F/W is not at 11o'clock from the number in the run out groove, someone probably scratched in the F/W to make it look like an original.

The original has no mark through the e in Dame!

Mine is deffo orig too

as i was saying that the VINYL was exact as the original !

I've got a definate original, slightly off-centre label on 'Stop' side, other side is on centre,   thin almost grainy looking label   thin shiny looking vinyl   scratched in numbers and F/W and what looks like a & in a circle stamped in both sides although more pronounced on the 'One by one' side but you do really have to get it in the right light to see it.

1 hour ago, Kev John said:

I saw another copy of this on thin flexi vinyl label was really well off centre last year 

Jeff Swollow box all i can remember is that the the run out markings where in a different place than on my copy 

Sid Jones was sitting with Jeff & he said he got 5/6 copies  of someone in the US not sure if he said the owner of the Label 

The upshot of what he said was that he said ALL the originals of this record the LABEL was off centre 

The vinyl was the exact same thickness of mine 

I Bought one of those off Sid. Unfortunately I haven't got it anymore. But definitely a original.

Steve

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2012 at 12:23, Pete S said:

Thats probably  before it was pressed the copy I'm talking about then Paul, I thought it was me who had it LOL

got this as you say with the dip and looks like a stamp, very light though above the L very hard to see but it's there. Had mine from the states before it was pressed. Top tune and harder than most think. Cheers Pk £100 back in the late 80's no idea what it's worth now. the worlds gone crazy lol . PK

15 minutes ago, pk 22dj said:

got this as you say with the dip and looks like a stamp, very light though above the L very hard to see but it's there. Had mine from the states before it was pressed. Top tune and harder than most think. Cheers Pk £100 back in the late 80's no idea what it's worth now. the worlds gone crazy lol . PK

PK

Just checked mine on the One By One side F/W etched in the run out above the L, also reads upside down , there are NO matrix stamps in the run out 

The vinyl is thin & very flexable 

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

I've just looked at mine no f/w scratched just the number at about 7 o'clock,

has dimple before the centre,the e is smudged and thin flex you vinyl,gonna put it on the cleaner and have another good look.heres a pic.

image.jpeg

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

• 1 posts
    • 122 reads
    • exte82
    • 16 May 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 244 reads
    • andybellwood
    • 14 May 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 190 reads
    • Cally49
    • 07 May 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 313 reads
    • Beatin Rhythm
    • 21 Apr 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 197 reads
    • nitram
    • 06 Apr 2018
    • 2 posts
    • 300 reads
    • Diamond1
    • 01 Mar 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 227 reads
    • nirvana
    • 09 Feb 2018

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.