What Song Makes You Sad At Xmas

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Christmas is a sad time of year for me for numerous reasons but one song absolutely destroys me when i hear it. Cold Wind In The Ghetto. What tune brings a lump to your throat and a tear to your eye ?

Steve

Hey Steve - forget the bad stuff -when you come up to the North East we'll make sure you have a happy time this Christmas :)

Social source share

When we were very young, at Xmas my grandad used to have a drink and then start singing the little boy that santa claus forgot...it still makes me want to cry now...though he doesn't sing it any more, he's dead

Yup, that one did it for me as a kid Pete, allthough i do think me mam used to sing it just to torment me.

Social source share

What a strange lot we are. I wonder what civilian lurking grazers on this site make of us lot? :(:(

Musically, thinking of Greg 'the rave' Ansty, on hearing Kurt Harris commented ... "My mum would listen to that"! :angry: :(

Men on the NS scene dance together and talk about records that make them cry! :):(

Who cares? Not I and no you. :):(

Social source share

One song I just can't listen to is The Long And Winding Road by The Beatles. Makes me think of my daughter and brings everything back...too much for me to handle...so if ever it comes on the cd, radio etc it goes straight off.

I started reading this thread and thought I'd look a sad git answering this one but for my tupence worth.

Mum always loved her motown and reggae....still can't listen to Ken Boothe - everything I own without the dreaded lump in the throat.....

Social source share

Guest Brian J

Christmas is a sad time of year for me for numerous reasons but one song absolutely destroys me when i hear it. Cold Wind In The Ghetto. What tune brings a lump to your throat and a tear to your eye ?

Steve

What tune???...........The fuckin' doorbell and Carol singers!

Tis the season to B. Jolley

Social source share

Take good care,Tony Mason allway`s brings a lump!!,the christmas story for none religous folk,some chuff!,who may`be having to die for our sins,and with no sock`s or shoe`s on his feet.... :)

Social source share

Take good care,Tony Mason allway`s brings a lump!!,the christmas story for none religous folk,some chuff!,who may`be having to die for our sins,and with no sock`s or shoe`s on his feet.... :)

Oh god forgotten about that one.

Lying in ditches so deep without socks or shoes on their feet......

Terrible.

The ones making me cry this christmas are the ones I m going to have to sell if the f....ing tax office doesnt get it s act together.

Catriona

x

Too poor to party.

Social source share

mud - it'll be lonely this christmas

no, seriously folks...

bruce springsteen & the e street band's romp through 'santa claus is comin' to town' still gets to me. especially the corny sleigh bell intro. I was witnessing the 'gotterdammerung' of my second big relationship. it came out xmas 85. we'd drunkenly danced to the record on xmas eve, but then in february we were no more... boo-hoo...

M

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!