Northern Cowboys - Boxing Day

Guest Jamie

Sat here somewhat glum as I'm not out now until next Monday. :)

Just thought I'd get the thread rolling on what looks to be a bit of a special night. :)

Blooming great line up, and Chris has been foolish enough to let a few of us play in the 2nd Room.

(Me & my good lady have booked in the Premier Travel Inn @ Deansgate Lock, just around the corner from the venue. £55 for a double room, if anyone needs anywhere to stay)

Here's a link to the hotel:

>>Link To Premier Inn<<

So, without further ado, who's gonna be there?

Jamie :(

• Replies 63
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Good work there, Rach :(

Ahh, the work was in negotiating with the parents to bring me home early so I can go :)

Are you staying in Cato Towers? :)

Think so :( Haven't actually booked a ticket home so I may just wander the country for the rest of the holidays visiting assorted festive do's :(

Now then mucker, given Chris has let us both loose then I'll be clip clopping down the M62. Dragging Rach along too :( . Big Don's Rebellion in the box for my special fan from Carlisle :(

Rich

Good call :)

Will you be joining us for high-jinks in the Travel Tavern? :)

Have just checked, and all rail and coach travel from Sheffield is a total blank on Boxing Day :) .

Rich any chance you can call via Sheffield ?.

Barring any lift i will have to force my other half to drive me to Manchester........suppose i could walk....... Gotta get there for dinner time ...

Edited by Brett

Have just checked, and all rail and coach travel from Sheffield is a total blank on Boxing Day :) .

Barring any lift i will have to force my other half to drive me to Manchester........suppose i could walk....... Gotta get there for dinner time ...

If you can get to Leeds there's a lift for you mate.

I'm driving up from Chelmsford on the morning, taking the crimbo prezzies to Kids & family, then over to Manchester.

Let me know matey.

Also, just realised Rachel is playing too!! Get in there, Rachy Hen :(

Have you tried National Express Brett? https://www.nationalexpress.com - only way I could get anywhere on the 26th!

Afternoon Bretski, would happily give you and your Australian dog whip a lift, but I'll be back home in wales for xmas, so I'll be going straight from there. Are none of the Sheffield mob driving - Mark E or Captain Mainwaring (Penfold). Or Shane and Paul???

Rich

Afternoon Bretski, would happily give you and your Australian dog whip a lift, but I'll be back home in wales for xmas, so I'll be going straight from there. Are none of the Sheffield mob driving - Mark E or Captain Mainwaring (Penfold). Or Shane and Paul???

Rich

I know Shano is going, but from his ladyfriend's Mums in Bolton.

Not sure when he goes to Bolton though :)

Seams a long way off still, but can't wait for this, spoke to Chris at Keele and some disapointing news about Mr Bergman not being able to make it but our very own, more than capable Miss Shirley is stepping up (nice one Rach) in replacement. loads of people i've spoke to are making the trip for this! should be a corker, and with Mr Franklin in the house, god knows what shinanigans will happen :(

Yeehaw!

Edited by Baz
Guest Chris Waterman

Hi All

We have moved the warm up to Arch 9 bar just across the road from the niter, we now have the basement bar to ourselves and the decks are up and running form 2pm till 9pm.

The landlord has done us a special rate on beers in the basement bar lager now £2.40 a pint and Boddies £2.20 and there is even a dance floor

see you there

Chris W :lol:

Seams a long way off still, but can't wait for this, spoke to Chris at Keele and some disapointing news about Mr Bergman not being able to make it but our very own, more than capable Miss Shirley is stepping up (nice one Rach) in replacement. loads of people i've spoke to are making the trip for this! should be a corker, and with Mr Franklin in the house, god knows what shinanigans will happen whistling.gif

Yeehaw!

=====

nc soul are always good

the cis all niters were brilliant!!!

cant make this one due to personal probs will get to some later in the year

have a good one all!

regards

mark

If you can get to Leeds there's a lift for you mate.

I'm driving up from Chelmsford on the morning, taking the crimbo prezzies to Kids & family, then over to Manchester.

Let me know matey.

Also, just realised Rachel is playing too!! Get in there, Rachy Hen :wicked:

why not pick him up when you drive past sheffield on the way up and let him wander the streets of leeds till you take him to manchester he can always shop at the boxing day sales, whistling.gif

mark

Hi All

We have moved the warm up to Arch 9 bar just across the road from the niter, we now have the basement bar to ourselves and the decks are up and running form 2pm till 9pm.

The landlord has done us a special rate on beers in the basement bar lager now £2.40 a pint and Boddies £2.20 and there is even a dance floor

see you there

Chris W :wicked:

THE GANG WILL BE HERE.... BCWB ohmy.gif

Will arrive in Leeds at approx 5PM, meeting Jamie and his gorgeous girlfreind Laura, then we hope to be in the Arch 9 Bar before 6PM.

See everyone there.

Brett

i thought it was tania? biggrin.gif

its gonna be a good un!

Shane

Will arrive in Leeds at approx 5PM, meeting Jamie and his gorgeous girlfreind Laura, then we hope to be in the Arch 9 Bar before 6PM.

See everyone there.

Brett

Will definitely get down there in the afternoon for one or two.....in town for the sales,first thing.....might even 'tote' a little box of tunes ph34r.gif .....See you there.....All the very Best ......Tony beer.gif

Edited by Tony Jackson

Just had Jamie on the phone, and he can't really get away before 6pm, so i am in the middle of devising a plan so cunning, that were it to have a tale..it would be a weasel.....

Update.......Hope to be in Arch 9 bar at 2pm...(Jamie i'll ring and tell you what the hell i'm up to whistling.gif )

So if i'm there at 2pm, then i hope some of the North West bunch will be there to greet me and my other half...

Just had Jamie on the phone, and he can't really get away before 6pm, so i am in the middle of devising a plan so cunning, that were it to have a tale..it would be a weasel.....

Update.......Hope to be in Arch 9 bar at 2pm...(Jamie i'll ring and tell you what the hell i'm up to whistling.gif )

So if i'm there at 2pm, then i hope some of the North West bunch will be there to greet me and my other half...

SEE YOU THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at 2pm ...........BCWB tongue.gif

Update.......Hope to be in Arch 9 bar at 2pm...(Jamie i'll ring and tell you what the hell i'm up to tongue.gif )

Ooh eck.. first badgers and now weasels whistling.gif:D

Guest Chris Waterman

Brett

I can't get into town until 4ish so Lee is setting the gear up in the basement at 1.30, if when you land he is gone just see Matt the manager and he will power up for you and if any one can take a set of headphones it would help as that is the only thing they don't have.

Cheers

Chris W

Brett

I can't get into town until 4ish so Lee is setting the gear up in the basement at 1.30, if when you land he is gone just see Matt the manager and he will power up for you and if any one can take a set of headphones it would help as that is the only thing they don't have.

Cheers

Chris W

WE'LL SORT THAT OUT ....AND MIDDLES FOLKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! chris m whistling.gif
Guest Chris Waterman

I'm getting out of sodding retail, i miss all the fun, good luck Chris with this one....looks like it's gonna be a super event and Brett pace yourself lad it's a long day and night mate...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hi Mark

Thanks for that and the invite still stands if you want to pop in for an hour or two.

Cheers

Chris W

Have a great time everyone, wish I could be there to support all my friends that are DJing but alas I just can't leave the family on boxing day.

Have a fantastic night all of you :D

Guest barnsey

Hi All

see you there

Chris W :)

see you :yes: nite chris its gonna be agood un :)

Okey Dokey Folks,

Here's the running order for the 2nd Room from 2:00am onwards:

02:00 - 02.45 - Jamie Hartford

02:45 - 03:30 - Brett Franklin

03:30 - 04:15 - James Trouble

04:15 - 05:30 - Rich Buckley

05:30 - 06:15 - Baz Bond

06:15 - 07:00 - Rachel Shirley

07:00 - 08:00 - Matt Bolton

08:00 - Dunno yet, if we get a Green light, we'll play on!

I'm picking Col & Shirley up on the way, hoping to get there for about 7ish.

Jamie

Have a great time everyone, wish I could be there to support all my friends that are DJing but alas I just can't leave the family on boxing day.

Have a fantastic night all of you :(

Ditto, good luck everyone, expect lot's of write up's and play lists, have fun xxx :(

Guest Chris Waterman

Okey Dokey Folks,

Here's the running order for the 2nd Room

Modern 9 till 2

9.00 -12.00 Jayne Carter, Davie Bell and Eddie

12,00 - 1.00 Dave Thorley

1.00 - 02.00 Andy Whitmore

02:00 - 02.45 - Jamie Hartford

02:45 - 03:30 - Brett Franklin

03:30 - 04:15 - James Trouble

04:15 - 05:30 - Rich Buckley

05:30 - 06:15 - Baz Bond

06:15 - 07:00 - Rachel Shirley

07:00 - 08:00 - Matt Bolton

08:00 - Dunno yet, if we get a Green light, we'll play on!

I'm picking Col & Shirley up on the way, hoping to get there for about 7ish.

Jamie

And in the other room a bit of a change around as Dean is stuck in Ireland and Kev can't make it

9.00 - 10.00 Chalky

10.00 - 11.00 Johnny Beggs

11.00 - 12.00 Steve Thomas

12.00 - 1.00 Des Parker

1.00 - 1.45 Chalky

1.45 - 3.00 Guy Hennigan

3.00 - 4.00 Colin Law

4.00 - 5.00 Karl Rhodes

5.00 - 6.00 Marco Santucci

6.00 - 7.00 Mick H

7.00 - 8.00 Paul Sadot

Just got back from the nighter wacko.gif , had a good time, nice people 99% soulies, a good mixture of music in both rooms, though I must admit I didn't know a lot of tunes played in the main room, once the floor got a liberal amount of talc on it wasn't too bad. Any chance of Paul Sadots play list for the last hour no over played oldies, all 100mph dancers though I was too tired to give 100% on the dance floor. Thanks to Roger for the lift home, and Steve Cato hope your flu has subsided ready for the trip to County Durham. Managed to listen to Baz Bonds set in the smaller room which was very good.

Hope everyone got home eventually, PaulB (he managed to find his way all the way from distant Burnley) Little Jimmy, Billy Whizz, Ann & Don, Lionel ,Ray and Denise, Faith and everyone from Bangor North Wales and anyone else who I forgot to mention.

Peter

Edited by Peter

thanks for the kind words Peter............you cheques in the post :thumbsup::unsure:

Had a great night in Manchester, big thanks to Chris and Marcelle for giving me the oppertunity to spin some tunes (my first nighter) to say i wasn't bricking it would be an understatement.

any how heres my playlist from the 'young guns room' 5 - 6 am

Betty Swann - Lonely love - Money

Terri Thornton - Molly Marlene - Mothers

Othello Robinson - So in luv - ERA

Sugar and the Spices - Have faith in me - Swan

Spiedels - Dream Girl - Providence

The Boss Four - Walking by - Rim

Robert Parker - I caught you in a lie - Nola

Jimmy Hart - Tea house in china town - Mercury

Kelly Brothers - Crying days are over - Sims

Jimmy Holiday - I've been done wrong - Diplomacy

The black eyed peas - Smalest man alive - Ultra city

The Royal Five - Say it to my face - Tyler

The Parisians - Twinkle little star - Demon hot

Lou Lawton - Im searchin (for my baby) Capitol

Marv Johnson - With all thats in me - UA

Johhny Sales - Dont turn your back on me - Mar-V-lus

Freddie Williams - I've got to live while i can - Hollywood

Stratoliners - What do you want with my love - Federal

George Byrd - Im avaliable - TRC

The Exsayeyons - I dont love you no more - Smoke

Al Scott - What happend to yesterday - Genuine

The Athens Rouges - She could love me - Stop

Big Dons rebelion - It was true - Ethon

The Bluebelles - Your just fooling yourself - Rainbow

The Ulti-mations - Would i do it over Mar-V-lus

The Four Exceptions - A sad goodbye - Parkway

Nice set there, Baz Man. Brilliant stuff. I'm sure you'll be getting a few more bookings after that :thumbsup:

I doubled up with the loose cannon that is Brett Franklin :P

Here's my plays from the 2:00 - 3:30 spot, following on from the most excellent Andy Whitmore.

J J Caillier - Pusherman - Jay Cee

Jon Lucien - Search For The Inner Self - Ampex

Eddie Kendricks - Date With The Rain - Tamla

Willi J - Boogie With Your Baby - Ki Ki

Acots - Just A Few Feet From The Gutter - American Playboy

Chimes - Beginning Of My Life - Down To Earth

TSU Toronados - Please Heart Don't Break - Rampart Street

Tony Fox - Love, Let Love And Be Loved - Blaster

Sebastian Williams - Get Your Point Over - Ovide

Velvet Hammer - I Can't Believe - Chila

Odyssey - Our Lives Are Shaped By What We Love - Mowest

Dynells - Call On Me - ATCO

Pat Livingston - Take Me Now Or Leave Me Be - Wilstone

Soul Bros Inc - Pyramid - Golden Eye

There's a few more I played, but the old box is downstairs, and I'm not shifting!

Hat's off to Chris for putting up with us and for putting the night on. Was a really enjoyable night, and a pretty damn good venue too.

Big shout to the usual suspects, it was a fun packed night full of the usual comedy incidents!!! Great to see so many familiar faces.

Top Night!

Jamie :unsure:

Edited by Jamie

Just got back from the nighter wacko.gif , had a good time, nice people 99% soulies, a good mixture of music in both rooms, though I must admit I didn't know a lot of tunes played in the main room, once the floor got a liberal amount of talc on it wasn't too bad. Any chance of Paul Sadots play list for the last hour no over played oldies, all 100mph dancers though I was too tired to give 100% on the dance floor. Thanks to Roger for the lift home, and Steve Cato hope your flu has subsided ready for the trip to County Durham. Managed to listen to Baz Bonds set in the smaller room which was very good.

Hope everyone got home eventually, PaulB (he managed to find his way all the way from distant Burnley) Little Jimmy, Billy Whizz, Ann & Don, Lionel ,Ray and Denise, Faith and everyone from Bangor North Wales and anyone else who I forgot to mention.

Peter

Thanx a lot Pete got home about 'half 2',exellent night music unbelievable,its nice 2 see young and fresh names holding their own (DJing wise)Northen scene is turning another dimension which is good in my opinion we need 2 go forward 2 keep the scene alive and attract young blood keep the good work up Chris it was nice 2 be surrounded by a bunch of really nice soulys enough said. Billy P.S Rachel your playlist please :thumbsup:

Big thanks to all concerned for a top night last night ,really enjoyed myself ,and Jamie you made my night not only played John Lucien ,but shortly followed by sebastian williams----pure class ,cheers mate ---PhilA

A long day and night, but an enjoyable one, big thanks to Chris Waterman, not only for his hard work in getting the venue on but also for putting the excellent warm-up across the road at 2.00-9pm (shame more people didn't show in the afternoon, big mention to my mate Chris Morgan for great music and a good laugh, we played while 6pm, then we had John on then another guy from down south(forgot name, sorry) plus the superb Chalky). Playlist while doubling up with Jamie Hartford 2.00-3.30 am.

Bobby Hill - Tell Me You Love Me (Lo Lo demo)

Jesse Fisher - Your Not Loving A Beginner (Way Out)

Vivian Copeland - Chaos ( D'oro)

Dolly Gilmore - Don't You Know You're the Yes (Dove)

Brothers Of Soul - I'd Be Grateful (Boo)

Little Mary Staten - Steppin' Stone (GME)

Jesse James - I Know I'll Never Find Another One (Zay)

Tony Drake - Suddenly (Brunswick demo)

Carl Hall - What About You (Columbia demo)

Bobby Reed - The Time Is Right For Love (Bell) * thanks Jamie ,money well spent

Sheryl Swope - Can't Get Him Off My Mind (Duo)

T.S.U. Toronadoes - Only Inside (Ovide)

F. J. Jones - Gone And Found Another (P.S.)

Cutis Davis - Tell Me (Ronnie)

107th St. Stickball Team- On Old Broadway (Dorado)

Daniels -Big City (Lantam)

Ruby- Decieved (Gold Token)

Freddie Houston - If I Had Known (Bell studios acetate)

Ozz/Sperlings - Can You Qualify (Goldenway demo)

James Shorter - Modern Day Woman (LA Beat)

Joan Baker - Everybodys Talking (Diamond)

Think that's it, played a whole lot more in the day, but can't recall everything.

Good to see the floor full and appreciative, and nice to know there are kindred spirits that enjoy 70's and a few 60's mid-tempo things.

I enjoyed all the spots of the other Dj's Andy Whitmore (always daunting to follow Richard Caiton), James Trouble (a few I need to know) Rich Buckley, Baz and Rachel, a good esoteric selection something for everyone, and a final mention for Matt Bolton, always hard doing the final hour, but even as I was shattered at 7AM the fellow managed to drag me on the floor for a final flourish...

Thanks to all that said nice words to me...hope I see you soon.

Brett

Edited by Brett

Had a brilliant night at Manchester, wish I could have stayed till end, but lift left at 5.30am. :thumbsup:

Liked venue, excellent Dj spot's, met old friend's and new, good atmosphere and danced load's.

Brett, sorry missed Jesse Fisher thought your spot was 2.45 not 2am start, hope to get a chance to dance to it next time.

Happy new year to everyone and enjoy new year's eve whatever your doing. :unsure:

Karen.