Northern Cowboys - Boxing Day

Guest Jamie

Not everything I played but I basically can't remember the lot...even after looking through the box I'm struggling :thumbsup::D but it gives you some idea of what played :D

9pm - 10pm

Precisions - Why Girl

Willie Small - How High Can You Fly

Irma Thomas - What Are You Trying To Do

Bobbie Jean Bland - I'm Satisfied Loving You

Carl Carlton - I Can Feel It

Jackie Day - Oh What Heartaches

Eddie & Ernie - I Can't Do It

Fred Hughes - I Keep trying

Freddie Gorman - Take Me Back

Derek Martin - Sly Girl

Deon Jackson - Thats What You Do To Me

Grover Mitchell - Take Your Time And Love Me

M&M & Peanuts - The Phillie

Roger Pace - The Minute My Back Was Turned

Big Frank Murphy - It's All Over But The Pain

Jo Armstead - I Feel An Urge Coming On

Marva Whitney - Saving My Love For You Baby

Stu Gardner - Expressin My Love

Shirley Wahls - Thats How Long I'm Gonna Love You

Jean Wells - With My love (not sure if this was first or second set :shhh: )

there was more but just can't remember :D

1am -1.45am

Billy Hambric - I Found True Love

Versatiles - Thats What I Call Love

Chico Holiday - Follow The Sun

Contours - Jealousy Creeping Up On Me

Jan Jones - c/u

Sugar Lumps - Won't You Help Me

Soul City - I Shot For The Moon

Ernest Sparks - I'll Be Glad

Citations - To Win The Race Keep The Faith

JJ Daniels - Mr Lonesome

Gerri Diamond - Only You Can Feel The Loss

Tina Florence - Too Much For Me Baby

Ollie Jackson - Just A Little While

Chuck Henley - Broken Heart

Patrice Holloway - Sugar Coated Words

Kae Williams - Our Love Is Dying

• Replies 63
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Jean Wells - With My love (not sure if this was first or second set :thumbsup: )

Defo in your second spot mate, some where near the sugar lumps and Jan jones, i think! :shhh:

That Jan Jones is something quite special :D

Defo in your second spot mate, some where near the sugar lumps and Jan jones, i think! :thumbsup:

That Jan Jones is something quite special :shhh:

I wanda` if the nice mr Chalk`s,will give us a bit of sound file....... :D
Guest becky c

I had a brilliant night. Spent the majority of the time in that little red room, all of the DJs were brilliant :thumbsup:

Well done to everyone and pats on the back all round :shhh:

Becky

Big thanks to all concerned for a top night last night ,really enjoyed myself ,and Jamie you made my night not only played John Lucien ,but shortly followed by sebastian williams----pure class ,cheers mate ---PhilA

Alright Phil, nice to meet you :yes:

The Jon Lucien wouldn't work in every room, but it seemed to go down pretty well on Monday.

Glad you enjoyed it, mate. Thanks for the kind words.

Jamie :yes:

Enjoyed the night and the chance to play a few.. here's my playlist 6-7am

The Traits - Too Good To Be True - Pacemaker

Joe L - Worried - Clissac

The Berkshire Seven - Crazy Kind Of Feeling - Stop

Next Exit - Soulful Child - Spirit

The Invincibles - Can't No One Man - Ciray

Jimmy & Vella Cameron - Lovin' You Is Such A Groove - Reprise

The Intros - Stop Look and Listen - Jamie

Jo Ann Garrett - That Little Brown Letter - Duo

The Compliments - Beware, Beware - Midas

Betty Moorer - Speed Up - Wand

Lorraine Rudolph - Keep Coming Back For More - Jetstream

Winfield Parker - I'm On My Way - Spring

The Commands - Hey It's Love - Back Beat

The Manhattans - I Bet'cha (Couldn't Love Me) - Carnival

Patti Drew - Stop and Listen - Capitol

The De Vons - Someone To Treat Me - King

Cindy Malone - Is It Over Baby - Capitol

Robin Rice - I've Had It - Crackerjack

Bobbie Smith - Walk On Into My Heart - American Arts

The Furys - Baby You Can Bet Your Boots - Liberty

Patti Labelle - You Forgot How To Love - Atlantic

Joe Walker - This Is My Last Goodbye - Bold

The Furys - Anything For You - World Pacific

Just got back to Leeds from sunny north wales for Xmas. Top night was had by all and thanks to Chris and Marcelle for asking us to spin a few :thumbsup: Lots of people off here were present which was good to see. Here's roughly what I played...

Elbie Parker - Please Keep Away From Me - Veep

Rock Candy - Alone With No Love - Dontee

Paris - Sleepless Nights - Doc

Moses Smith - Come On And Let Me Love You - Cotillion

Montclairs - Hey You - Arch

Chryslers with the Monarch's Band - I'm Not Gonna Lose You - Je-Jody

Two People - Stop, Leave My Heart Alone - Revue

Jesse Johnson - Left Out - Old Town

Lilly Fields - I've Got To Tell You - Holton

Pentagons - I'm Gonna Wait For You - Sutter

Sparkels - Try Love - Old Town

Summitts - I Can't Get Over Losing You - Dontee (for Rachael Screeton!!)

Melvin Davis - I Must Love You - Groovesville

Brenda & Tabs - That's In The Past - Dionn

Guitar Ray - You're Gonna Wreck My Life - Shagg

Natural Four - Hanging On To A Lie - Boola Boola

Towana & The Totalk Destruction - Wear Your Natural Baby - Romark

Innersection - I'm In Debt To You - Group 5

Melvin Moore - All Of A Sudden - Sky Hero

Tony Troutman - What's The Use - Jerri

Cheers,

Rich

Just got back to Leeds from sunny north wales for Xmas. Top night was had by all and thanks to Chris and Marcelle for asking us to spin a few :thumbsup: Lots of people off here were present which was good to see. Here's roughly what I played...

Cheers,

Rich

Alright Rich, top stuff mate was supprised you didn't spin Big Dons, at least i got to play it any way :thumbsup: although i didn't get any mad women coming up and lifting the needle off the record :thumbsup:

blush.gif Any one got a list of what Des Parker played (pleeeze)???? - Des if your on - please ease my curiosity - a couple of fantastic tracks right in the middle of your set that were totally new to me and just keep nagging the question What the Hell was that!!! - Thanks!! :lol:

I'd had a conversation with Johnny Beggs a few Months ago, about the usual "How everybody (myself included) is starting to get a bit too Anal about the music" ,"Where's the fun gone" etc etc and how someone had written about the "bad" days of "Wigan" and all the "Crap Pop Records like Tim Tam, Joe 90 & Black Power" that were played back then, and it wasn't the first time I'd seen this type of diatribe, and I expressed my view that "James Coit" gets a pretty rough ride, in the annals of Soul History, and if discovered now, WOULD get played, and dare I say it WOULD be massive!! I'd told John that I wanted to inject a little Anarchism into my set, and hadn't found the opportunity...until that night. I'm really glad you enjoyed it Steve, as that was the intention, and if anyone is offended... get a life! As for the other stuff I played, I thank "Nite Owl" for showing an interest, but apart from the aforementioned , I truly can't remember much of what I played or didn't, or sold for that matter, but REALLY enjoyed the music & the chats, with the great & good that were assembled. It was good talking with Brett & Matt especially, as well as being top chaps, along with the other inspiring "Young Guns" they really are bringing a breath of fresh air to the "scene"

P.S. "Nite Owl" - PM me and I'll send you a tape of what I'm currently playing (minus "Black Power" which I'm sure you're aware of!!

All the best

Des

I'd had a conversation with Johnny Beggs a few Months ago, about the usual "How everybody (myself included) is starting to get a bit too Anal about the music" ,"Where's the fun gone" etc etc and how someone had written about the "bad" days of "Wigan" and all the "Crap Pop Records like Tim Tam, Joe 90 & Black Power" that were played back then, and it wasn't the first time I'd seen this type of diatribe, and I expressed my view that "James Coit" gets a pretty rough ride, in the annals of Soul History, and if discovered now, WOULD get played, and dare I say it WOULD be massive!! I'd told John that I wanted to inject a little Anarchism into my set, and hadn't found the opportunity...until that night. I'm really glad you enjoyed it Steve, as that was the intention, and if anyone is offended... get a life! As for the other stuff I played, I thank "Nite Owl" for showing an interest, but apart from the aforementioned , I truly can't remember much of what I played or didn't, or sold for that matter, but REALLY enjoyed the music & the chats, with the great & good that were assembled. It was good talking with Brett & Matt especially, as well as being top chaps, along with the other inspiring "Young Guns" they really are bringing a breath of fresh air to the "scene"

P.S. "Nite Owl" - PM me and I'll send you a tape of what I'm currently playing (minus "Black Power" which I'm sure you're aware of!!

All the best

Des

Good post Ged..Like you have said,its nice to have a bit of fun,no fu"k it,a lot of fun...I still have James Coit in my collection and it brings back a lot of memories,its one of the first tunes i ever heard at a niter..There are lots of tunes that get a rough ride,i have heard worse tunes getting plays every week at the moment...I think its listed in the Kev Roberts 500 book under tunes that were big and will never come back..Interesting to see what other tunes were listed and if they have come back..Does anyone have the book and the list to hand..With the likes of the younger djs that Chris put on and djs like Des Parker and others then the scene can keep on keeping it fresh..When we see the same old same old names on flyers it really does turn me off..Respect to the guys who have done it over the years but promoters can mix them with fresh blood,sometimes it can give the old guard a shot in the arm and keeps them on their toes rolleyes.gif ...I think the scene is fantastic today with so so much choice for all....It can't last so get it while you can,whatever your bag is...2006 is gonna be another great year and many long nights for a lot of us..Lets not judge a person by the tunes they are into,judge them as a person..To all the honest and good folk out there i salute you,to all them other fu"kers....I hope the bird flu gets you :lol: ...We know who they are don't we..

Soul Or Nothing....2006..