Dave Brennan's 40th Birthday Bash

I've been asked to post this up as some of you may know the man in question.

Dave Brennan of Pudsey near Leeds will be turning 40 in January and he will be celebrating this fine benchmark at the Groovy Grooves soul night in Huddersfield on Saturday 7th January, if you know Dave try to get along to help him have a night to remember.

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've been asked to post this up as some of you may know the man in question.

Dave Brennan of Pudsey near Leeds will be turning 40 in January and he will be celebrating this fine benchmark at the Groovy Grooves soul night in Huddersfield on Saturday 7th January, if you know Dave try to get along to help him have a night to remember.

2 wows... I thought Dave was already 40 (sorry Dave) and I thought Groove Grooves had finished!! Who's DJing at this one Colin? And as we both love Dave very much indeed, we'll do our very best to both come. Coincidently, my Mother is popping up for a visit on that very same day, so I have a babysitter already arranged! What a stroke of luck...

Hope you and Shirl have a great Christmas

Kirsty x

2 wows... I thought Dave was already 40 (sorry Dave) and I thought Groove Grooves had finished!! Who's DJing at this one Colin?

Hi Kirsty,

Nope we're still at it and guests on the night are Andy Whitmore and Dean Anderson, hopefully see you there and hope you have a great christmas and new year.

Colin.

I'll be doing my best to be there.

How does that Dave stay so young looking? :(

See you soon,

Jamie :(

Hi Jamie,

Be good to see ya mate, have a great christmas and new year.

Colin

2 wows... I thought Dave was already 40 (sorry Dave)

Kirsty, you are too cheeky, I don't look a day over 39 years 351 days!

Looking forward to this night, if not the reason for my celebration :(

Hope to see lots of people there, and looking foward to quality soul of the highest order, as was heard last time I went.

Guest Trevski

Hope to see lots of people there, and looking foward to quality soul of the highest order, as was heard last time I went.

We will be there, bezzie, of course! :( (no doubt I will be driving, so you can get well & truly birthday-bladdered! :( )

Edited by Trevski
  • 3 weeks later...

So who else is coming to play with David? Can't wait. I have had an enforced "stay at home and don't drink" Christmas due to Violet being poorly - full recovery and first full nights sleep yesterday!!! So watch out as I'm gonna make up for it on Saturday....

So who else is coming to play with David? Can't wait. I have had an enforced "stay at home and don't drink" Christmas due to Violet being poorly - full recovery and first full nights sleep yesterday!!! So watch out as I'm gonna make up for it on Saturday....

I'm coming too southern Kirsty, along with Sarah & Louise. I'll help you make up for it as I'm not driving :yes: .

Is Michael coming, or is he watching bambino's like my other half?

Looking forward to it.

Northern Kirsty

Looking forward to this night, if not the reason for my celebration :yes:

Have a good birthday Dave,all me bestest Ken

Gutted, can't make it :D

Got the boys this weekend and no babysitter.

I'm sure you'll have a top night, and my Dad, Trevksi, will look after you :P

See you soon, you bunch of rascals :P

Jamie (Dave: I've sent you an email :lol: )

Edited by Jamie

Looking forward to this night, if not the reason for my celebration :D

Sorry can't make it Dave, but hope you have a brilliant night. :P Tell Annette I finally got to watch Catherine Tate show, just as good as she tell's it! :P

I'm going to Wilton for my birthday, hope to see you there, if not see you next Harrogate! :lol:

Happy Birthday

Karen.

I would like to say thank you so much to everyone that came to Groovy Grooves last night for my birthday bash. It was a totally brilliant night, with a fantastic bunch of very generous people, and magic music.

Special thanks to Chuddy for making me cry, Trevor for taking us, Annette for keeping Kate happy, Kirsty and the gang for the scotch, Debbie Leslie and Pelle for the champers, Craig for the tunes, and especially Guy and Colin for the dogs bollocks tunes. This night has the best music I've heard at a soul night ever, like Doug Banks I just kept on dancing, right until the last record, like a man with a huge elastic band tied to his waist at one end and pinned to the dance floor at the other everytime I tried to leave I just kept getting pulled back to dance to another.

If you haven't been, and you love top quality sixties soul, then this is the place to go.

Cheers, and thanks again from a very touched and very happy David

Sorry to hear you're not well Shane. Hope you feel better soon. It was a cracking night, you'll just have to come to the next one in February. If we don't see you there we might see you at the next Greatstone, although I don't think we'll be availing ourselves of the facilities again :yes:

like Doug Banks I just kept on dancing, right until the last record, like a man with a huge elastic band tied to his waist at one end and pinned to the dance floor at the other everytime I tried to leave I just kept getting pulled back to dance to another.

was wondering who the birthday boy was, but i think i may remember some bloke with an elastic band around his waist :ohmy: - many happy returns.

Great little venue too and the drinks were so cheap that I insisted on buying our next round coz the experience was just so thrilling! ( - especially with six!).

Nice sounds and a handy location, so I expect we'll be back :ohmy:

m

First time at this place & all of us really enjoyed it. Nice place, ace music, cheap beer & good company.

The directions to the place were spot on as well, really easy to find, made a change from not driving round & round a town centre.

Only just coming round now, as I drank far too much.

Glad you enjoyed it David, you were on top form. Never seen anybody get so emotional over a bottle of whisky :ohmy: . Bet you'll not be wanting any today. Nice to meet your sister & her fella, nice people.

Kirstyx

I would like to say thank you so much to everyone that came to Groovy Grooves last night for my birthday bash. It was a totally brilliant night, with a fantastic bunch of very generous people, and magic music.

Special thanks to Chuddy for making me cry, Trevor for taking us, Annette for keeping Kate happy, Kirsty and the gang for the scotch, Debbie Leslie and Pelle for the champers, Craig for the tunes, and especially Guy and Colin for the dogs bollocks tunes. This night has the best music I've heard at a soul night ever, like Doug Banks I just kept on dancing, right until the last record, like a man with a huge elastic band tied to his waist at one end and pinned to the dance floor at the other everytime I tried to leave I just kept getting pulled back to dance to another.

If you haven't been, and you love top quality sixties soul, then this is the place to go.

Cheers, and thanks again from a very touched and very happy David

Great night David, sorry had to leave to go to Middleton with Craig, Chuddy, Ross, Gary and Mark. yes.gif:yes: Middelton was rather good though :rolleyes:

Best

Dave