soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 7
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I understand the 4-Tops "Teahouse In Chinatown" didn't come out on a 45 but did it come out on vinyl, eg Lp? and if so, which Lp??

Also, who did the original, or was it in fact the 4-Tops?

Deffo on an L.P. Can't remember title though. Would have thought 4 tops first as it is a jobette tune.

Social source share

Guest 45s and 33s

Deffo on an L.P. Can't remember title though. Would have thought 4 tops first as it is a jobette tune.

Think it may have been Four Tops Second Album.

Ali

Social source share

Think it may have been Four Tops Second Album.

Ali

It's their first L.P. in 1964/5 "Four Tops", but be careful if you are looking for it on vinyl as it was re-issued by Motown in the late eighties (looks the same, but the cardboard of the cover is much thinner) There also a nice version of 'Don't turn away' covered by Tony Diamond on Blue Rock, a subsidary of Mercury*.

Baby I need your loving

Without the one you love (life's not worthwhile)

Where did you go

Ask the lonely

Your love is amazing

Sad souvenirs

Don't turn away

Tea house in China Town

Left with a broken heart

Love has gone

Call on me

Jimmy Hart - Tea House In China Town on Mercury * is a cover.

Tea House was also done by Tommy Knight, as well as his cover of the Four Top's ''don't bring back memories'', but were never released (?)

Social source share

I understand the 4-Tops "Teahouse In Chinatown" didn't come out on a 45 but did it come out on vinyl, eg Lp? and if so, which Lp??

Hi, it's on 1st LP. Written by Stevenson/Hunter so gotta be the original. On same LP is also the orig. version of Tony Diamond "Don't turn away". Looks like some A&R man working for Mercury label back in the 60's was scouting Detroit for decent songs.

cheers ROD

Social source share

Thanks everybody for your input / info.

Shall be looking for the UK issue of the Lp from here on in. Thanks again :¸)

Social source share