R.i.p. Ann Froggatt - Wakefield (Leeds Central Regular 1970S)

It is with a heavy heart and deep regret, that I have inform you of the passing of a dearly loved friend and a former 'Leeds Central Soul Club' regular, namely 'Ann Froggatt'.

Ann was highly thought of and respected in the 'Leeds Central' circle of friends in the 1970s and will be dearly missed by many who were close to her.

Ann's funeral will take place at Barnsley Crematorium at 12pm this Thursday the 3rd of May.

All that knew her are invited to pay their respects.

Condolences go out to her family and friends.

RIP Ann Froggatt.

Edited by Steve Luigi
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest MrC

So sad to hear of the passing of another member of the extended Soul Family, I didn't know Ann, but my thoughts are with her family and friends at this sad time.

Paul

xxx

Social source share

Guest central soul

what sad news. Spent many happy hours with Ann down at the Central and in cars and coaches on the way to nighters. Im sure the angels are running for the hills. TOP TOP GIRL.

R.I.P.Ann

Rob Hirst

Social source share

I know this is going to appear as a plug for the next Central, but believe me it isn't, it is in respect for Ann who was a big part of the Central in the 70s, and many people, including myself, who still go, will have known her and will be saddened by this news.

At the next Central Alldayer, we will be having a 1 minutes silence for Ann, which will be very poignant as it will be held as usual inside the very walls where Ann used to frequent back in the 1970s.

Also I have been informed that Ann may have been from Wakefield not Barnsley, so I have amended the heading to this post. I never went to Ann's house, and only saw her at various Soul events around the country, so I am uncertain as to which town she was actually from. If anyone knows for sure please let me know and I will amend the post heading with the correct town.

R.I.P. Ann.

Edited by Steve Luigi
Social source share

How very sad & even sadder that we let the years slip away not seeing each other, I met Ann at Leeds Central 72/73 & she became a good friend of us Goolies, we spent many happy times with her around Leeds, Pontefract etc & some unforgettable Bank Holidays in Scarborough or Torquay, she kept in contact with Gail's sisters & they went out the odd time but shame on us we always seemed busy or away, she was a top girl & will be missed,our thoughts are with her family,God speed. :hatsoff2:

Take care, be safe & remember,"Memories are sweet but touching base is better",

Spot & Gail. :shades:

Social source share

`I was very saddened to hear of Anne passing away, she used to go out with my brother Rob and we used to knock about together in the 70's with pete Kelly,Phil Haigh,

Phil mears and john Ellis going to Leeds Central,Wakefield Intercon,Scarborough bank Holidays.John, Anne used to live on Agbrigg road off Doncaster road in Wakefield

Anne married someone from Wakefield who i don't think was on the soul scene. Happy memories of Anne during her time on the Scene

Deepest condolences to Anne's Family

Fred&jacque Ward

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!