• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Please please please

Enough already.

Everywhere I go I have to suffer this.

Surely we can put this to bed now after 30 years. :(

Perhaps you're going to the wrong places... I haven't heard it for years, though to be fair I've not been out much recently

Social source share

Perhaps you're going to the wrong places... I haven't heard it for years, though to be fair I've not been out much recently
You are probably right.

Next year must try to give dodgy soul nights a miss :(

Social source share

Guest Brian J

What a stompin' track............never get tired of hearing it, although that isn't so often nowadays. It's one of those tunes that has so much bounce and energy, it seems to burn out that bit quicker.

I say 'seems to' burn out, but I think it's more a case of, as Fenman said...it's 30 odd years on and, we're a great deal older so a lot of us don't want to dance at this level any more, (well, not every other freakin' record at least). Also, we've all been introduced to so many different sounds thru the years, some tunes have given us that much needed change....and let's face it. We all really NEED to slow down.

I went to the Hub in Dublin on Friday. I'd been looking forward to it nigh on 6 week. What an excellent night! They embrace the scene, like everything else in life that makes them happy, with a passion. A passion, the likes of which, I've not seen back here since the early days.

It was my first time at the Hub and first time out for over 4 months. Half way thru the night though, I paid the price. Cramped up like a tinned kipper! I had a couple of Crampeze tablets and was kindly handed a jar of balm, (I think it was Witch Hazel).....the only thing that helped with, was more space on the dancefloor. It stunk to f***! Anyway I ended up dancing like Spotty Dog out of the Woodentops......if you don't remember him, just picture a braindead 50 year old puppet with rigamortis!

Kept getting up, as you do, the difference now is, I'm old enough to know better and sat down more! Give me some slow, moody ballad, or R&B. That'll do nicely thankyou! But then again should they play Micky Champion.........old enough to know better??

Social source share

Guest Brian J

a great record. one curious thing to note is that the chord progression is basically a 12 bar blues, I know 'cos I play it slowed down on the old geetar. love the sax break too...

M

============

The majority of R&B, as well as Blues, is based on a 12 bar.

It's amazing just how much variation you can get out of it!

I play the sax at this end Macca.

Social source share

'tis true. but some peeps would pooh-pooh the idea. whaaaat? R&B? give over!

love that 'chopping' rythmn too...

macca

Yeh it`s RnB but good RnB :( That lookalike boot must be one of the rarest boots I reckon ?

Social source share

Guest andycambs

Please please please

Enough already.

Everywhere I go I have to suffer this.

Surely we can put this to bed now after 30 years. :(

Looks like you're gettin outnumbered on this one but I'll have to agree with you, bury it in the back of the boxes and try it again in five years time.

Andy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!