Solomon Burke On John Manships

500 quid it finished at :ohmy:

I sold one on ebay VG condition for a tenner not 18 months ago

Infact Id sold it on here for 20 quid or so and the chap didnt like the condition so he returned it and I put it on ebay.

Is it really wroth that sort of money.

I thought even a minter aint worth more than 75 quid at most !

Or am I just way off the mark? :g:

Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

So what am I missing here, I would have thought that would have been worth about £20 - £25.

Friend of mine bought round an Atlantic test pressing of that yesterday, even that I wouldn't have priced at more than £25.

The rarest format is the UK London demo - and even that wouldn't make £200.

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Are people taking Mr Manships word for it when he says it's as rare as hell etc ? If so do the have more money than knowledge ?

Social source share

Guest giant

i fell of my chair when the auction finished SOLOMON BURKE sold for £500 pounds even in m- condition no more than £30 pounds' there is real big idiots who pay that kind of money. :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Social source share

um, you guys do know that that label variation of the demo is an alternate take only available on that format right?

I did not know that and the auction didn't state that. I guess John got lucky that at least two bidders did know that.

Social source share

Guest mickeyfish58

I put a mint Plum label Canadian issue on here a few onths ago and got zero interest?

have you still got it? i collect canadian
Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

try this one i been djing with it for a while nice and fresh

i got 30 seconds in and wanted to smash my laptop, that is awful in ways previously unheard before...... i say kill it with fire

Social source share

The Wilson 45 is a record I dug up as an "unknown" for the US Beach scene some 20 odd years ago and passed on to a dj mate in Winston-Salem. It went absolutely massive over there and was bootlegged.

ROD

was it nice and fresh at the time?

Social source share

I bought this cos my missus likes it, if it would have been £500, i'd have said no no no :wicked: , but cos it was £12.50p i bought it (incl. p&p) & for a pop record i still thought that was dear, :yes: , for me his best 45 is stupidity, a great record with a title esp. for the plonker who shelled out £500 :D

Social source share

Guest mrstosspot

I bought this cos my missus likes it, if it would have been £500, i'd have said no no no :wicked: , but cos it was £12.50p i bought it (incl. p&p) & for a pop record i still thought that was dear, :yes: , for me his best 45 is stupidity, a great record with a title esp. for the plonker who shelled out £500 :D

Just cos you dont like Dirty Dancing!!!!! I think its fab but NO WAY is it worth £500 flippin quid lol :no:

I've had a version given me free just so I could have it in my collection ( hubby gave it me and said its rare on Atlantic Gold??? Or was this just to keep me sweet hmmmmmmm :unsure: )

Edited by mrstosspot
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!