Plinston

Guest James Trouble

Guest James Trouble

I had a horrible nightmare last night that the Gap Band "Oops Up Side Your Head" was being played at Plinston on Friday night. There were loads of people doing that silly dance on the floor and everybody was laughing and enjoying it, apart from me.

It was like one of those dreams where you're naked in a public place.

Thankfully it was just a dream.

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

I'll have you know that the Gap Band were a fine band unfortunately OUSYH was a serious abberation. It was funny seeing the absolute look of horror on James face when it came on though.

John

In fact i seem to remember Janine actually dancing seriously to it ;o))

Ah, that was no dream people, that was indeed the Gap Band played in the dance comp. We did warn people that, like last year, we don't take these things seriously and it was worth it to see one Mark Bicknell running from the bar area to get in line and do the dance, a bit too well I thought but hey ho :-0 As I said on the night, it's a laff people!!! TheBigO

I did notice you Janine struggling to keep your good self from joining in (and avoiding Mr Troubles lips!!) and it was a good crack. The look on the faces of those foolish enough to have joined the 4 finalists 'out on the floor' when they realised they'd been had was priceless :-) A special mention to Rob Messer and Martin for their inspired and in time group dancing behind the record bar, I belivie we have photos!!! Will be posting a brief report later and the first of many photos of the night (including a rare shot of you Janine NOT stood next to someone, lol).

* By the way - Christ you do look like Joe 90....and dance like him as well....LOL

Too true Mr M, however I should point out that all 4 finalists did indeed know when to drop to the floor to 'row that boat' and therefore one suspects they may not have realised it was in fact just for fun....much like the lad who grabbed me in the toilets (ooh er!) during the night to berate me and point out that the Gap Band aren't Northern Soul -DOH!

Well said mick,why wern't you in the midst of it all ???.a good night from what i can recall,for some one who lives 5 mins walk from it why did it take me till 6.30 to get home??

Guest Johnny One Trout

Well said mick,why wern't you in the midst of it all ???.a good night from what i can recall,for some one who lives 5 mins walk from it why did it take me till 6.30 to get home??

Tell me about it, it was getting on for 8 o'clock when we got in although we do live a little further than 5 mins walk away ;o)))

JoT

Guest Johnny One Trout

Ah, JOT, the joy of being newly weds methinks - hence the long journey home. Good to meet up with you and Alison the other Friday by the way.

And you sir as well as a good few Soul Saucers (judging by their eyes LOL) and Soul Talkers it was indeed worth the 3000000 mile round trip

JoT