Knackered Ebay

Same old story. The rarer a record is the less are buyers concerned about the condition. I mean if somebody offers you a VG- worn labels Mello Souls for a grand would you buy it? I surely would.

But the 4 Voices ain't rare Benji......loads of them out there.....

Social source share

weren't M- copies of this selling almost every week not too long ago ?

you are thinking of the four tracks on mandingo. That has finally gone back up with a few people selling non-mint copies recently and the bidding going to about $1000

Social source share

Many of these batttered looking 45s play fine, got quite a few from the states for bargain prices as listed vg-.. The damage is in the lable more on this and other copies it seems..

For playing at home you could want a clean copy but for playing out loud you get many of these records, i hear plenty out with a little snap crackle and pop on the intro, when it kicks in its not too bad...

At least this looks intact, some records bought with slits, held together with lollipop sticks :D .... Gives a new meaning to vinyl junkies...

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

weren't M- copies of this selling almost every week not too long ago ?

Yes a guy bought a warehouse and found 25 mint copies of it made himself quite a few thousand quids !
Social source share

Guest MrC

It wouldn't bother me if my copy looked like that as long as it played ok (and it was cheap enough). What a record!

I totally agree with Joan,.

Edited by MrC
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Four Voices or Four Tracks?

Who, what, where?

Four Voices it was about 3 or 4 years ago
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

well they certainly werent on ebay you thinkin of the gold label ones?

Yes they were , all brand new , he even told people the story in his item discription

Green labels all sold for $2000 to $2500 at one point he had about 7 listed at the same time

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Guest Brooky

Sorry, I was just trying to assist. I misplaced my glasses and you your manners Sir....try and find them there's a good chap.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There's some here

but the sequence isn't close enough together for the ones i remember

https://www.scoottrader.com/four.htm

There definitely was not any quantity of mint four voices sold on ebay. If you believe that to be true, it's definitely the Four Tracks on Mandingo.

That link you just provided of the four voices was of different copies from different sources from different sellers in all sorts of different conditions.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

There definitely was not any quantity of mint four voices sold on ebay. If you believe that to be true, it's definitely the Four Tracks on Mandingo.

That link you just provided of the four voices was of different copies from different sources from different sellers in all sorts of different conditions.

Apologies it was indeed the Four Tracks as they are all on popsyke Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Sorry, I was just trying to assist. I misplaced my glasses and you your manners Sir....try and find them there's a good chap.

YOU NEED TO BUY A SPARE PAIR AND LEAVE THEM AT THE SIDE OF THE PC. THAT'S WHAT I DO........... :lol: I WASN'T BEING NASTY, I WAS JUST LOSING THE WILL TO LIVE. :D

Social source share

Guest Brooky

YOU NEED TO BUY A SPARE PAIR AND LEAVE THEM AT THE SIDE OF THE PC. THAT'S WHAT I DO........... :lol: I WASN'T BEING NASTY, I WAS JUST LOSING THE WILL TO LIVE. :D

==============================================================================================================================

..and I was in a Victor Meldrew mood when I saw your reply...and over-reacted ranting_1.gif ....as we sometimes do when in VM mode!

I'm all better now though! :D Thanks for this.

Edited by Brooky
Social source share

maybe not mega rare steve but i think you`d be stickin your neck out a bit to say its common... the other one on the label is certainly commoner.

yeah, I would go so far as to say it's rare. Maybe there was some stock of it a long time ago but there also was stock of the salvadors, etc. What I don't understand though is a really expensive price for a bad condition copy, almost as much as a mint one.

Social source share

yeah, I would go so far as to say it's rare. Maybe there was some stock of it a long time ago but there also was stock of the salvadors, etc. What I don't understand though is a really expensive price for a bad condition copy, almost as much as a mint one.

i think a clean copy would be double the price brads copy is at at the moment bob....but this still has two days to go :ohmy:

Social source share

maybe not mega rare steve but i think you`d be stickin your neck out a bit to say its common... the other one on the label is certainly commoner.

I agree, don't see it for sale often, and when you do it sells very quickly and usually around £1200. The gold label boot, or re-issue what ever it is, is around though.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!