Soul Source Record Club Record Of The Day 2012 (Summer)

• Replies 611
  • Views 25.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Overplayed? a bit of a cliche? Maybe, but I absolutely love it still, and it always makes me feel that way... "Happy" - Velvet Hammer

Social source share

Still playing catch up with the thread. Today's offering from a lady whose upbeat musical style contradicted the sad personal demons she carried inside herself. A daughter of Philadelphia, this is probably her best known outing but there's a lot more to this lady's legacy than this one epic dancefloor favourite. Catch the interview about her 'jingle' work. Bit of a 'looker' too eh?'

Best,

Dave

Great Track ! 3 observations though !

1. Was that Terry Wogan ?

2. Lovely Chumungas !

3. Dancer !

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

Sorry Andy but this is the version of "Wishing & Hoping" for me (Liked Kelly though :thumbsup: )

Harvey Averne-Wishing & Hoping Viva Soul LP

Cheers

Martyn

Great Album altogether Martyn, but Billy Keene is an almost perfect record! (In my opinion.. obviously :) )

Social source share

well, I'm sticking with the "Wigan Big Room" Tunes! - Because I do still like them, and I'm not living in the past (wasnt that Jethro Tull?) and I dont even own a pair of baggy trousers or a vest!

Social source share

well, I'm sticking with the "Wigan Big Room" Tunes! - Because I do still like them, and I'm not living in the past (wasnt that Jethro Tull?) and I dont even own a pair of baggy trousers or a vest!

Paul

This will always be one of the great Wigan tunes for me,not one that always gets a mention too.I can still hear it rattling round the old place............great memories.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Great Album altogether Martyn, but Billy Keene is an almost perfect record! (In my opinion.. obviously :) )

Paul

Billy's version is great I just think Harvey's is better (as you say from a great LP).....as we know there's no right or wrong about this & it's healthy that we have different opinions as long you appreciate the other persons opinion........it's just in the case you are wrong :wicked: :D :wink:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Paul

Billy's version is great I just think Harvey's is better (as you say from a great LP).....as we know there's no right or wrong about this & it's healthy that we have different opinions as long you appreciate the other persons opinion........it's just in the case you are wrong :wicked: :D :wink:

Cheers

Martyn

That's made my day Martyn me and my mate have had this discussion on taste on said records it ended with us both agreeing that the others ones ears needed shringing Both top tunes BILLY for Me Though.
Social source share

That's made my day Martyn me and my mate have had this discussion on taste on said records it ended with us both agreeing that the others ones ears needed shringing Both top tunes BILLY for Me Though.

Andy

You,Paul & most of the scene will say Billy..........but never been one to follow the crowd like sheep I understand that you will when you come to you're senses see the error of you're ways & see I was right........I'll wait :D :D :D

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Marva Whitney - This Girls In Love with You

Bit of a Marmite record but i love it :thumbsup:

H

New to me & sounds good on first play,maybe need a few more plays before I decide one way or t'other.Would I want to hear it out......no real problem with it been played but wouldn't want a full night of similar stuff?

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Andy

You,Paul & most of the scene will say Billy..........but never been one to follow the crowd like sheep I understand that you will when you come to you're senses see the error of you're ways & see I was right........I'll wait :D :D :DJust don't hold your breath while waiting Martyn Cheers!!!

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Andy

You,Paul & most of the scene will say Billy..........but never been one to follow the crowd like sheep I understand that you will when you come to you're senses see the error of you're ways & see I was right........I'll wait :D

Cheers

Martyn

Found these outside your house Martyn!! :lol: :lol:

:lamsey: :lamsey: :lamsey: :lamsey: :lamsey:

Social source share

have had this a while and have to say gets better every play brilliant post!!

H/Andy

Been after one of these for awhile but it'll have to wait as I've spent up on along time want which will leave me skint for a bit yet.........don't tell the wife :wink:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Gogger got me thinking about Lou,so thought I'd post this great double sider............

Lou Rawls-Show Business Capitol

Always thought this side never lives up to the brilliant horns opening but still a nice jazzy mover???

Lou Rawls-When Love Goes Wrong Capitol

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

glad you like it, heard the clip on you tube and had the same reaction, the next day one came up on e bay , had to buy it, cheap as chips cos that,s all i can afford, thought the hull connection on the clip was you, as you say nice tune.

Edited by gogger
Social source share

glad you like it, heard the clip on you tube and had the same reaction, the next day one came up on e bay , had to buy it, cheap as chips cos that,s all i can afford, thought the hull connection on the clip was you, as you say nice tune.

No not me,wish it was as that'd mean I had a copy :D

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share