Soul Source Record Club Record Of The Day 2012 (Summer)

• Replies 611
  • Views 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Quite Agree Martin, cost $13.00 including P & P from the states. If it was rare would be a 2K+ tune. Never seen a demo tho.

:thumbup:

Mark

Better then a lot of 2K sounds.

There's a thread on SS somewhere with photo's of loads of different label releases of it,can't remember if there was a demo shot???

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Brillian, Brilliant Tune that I'd managed to miss somehow until I had it on my iPod about a year ago! Don't know how the hell it got by me for so long!

Marshall & The Chi Lites "Love Bandit"

Social source share

Brillian, Brilliant Tune that I'd managed to miss somehow until I had it on my iPod about a year ago! Don't know how the hell it got by me for so long!

Marshall & The Chi Lites "Love Bandit"

Paul

You need to start taking a bit of notice when you're out :D

Never actually bought one of these as I've always thought it a tad fast for my little legs.........I suppose back in the day it would have been a beat ballad..........how times have changed :D

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Another class underplayed tune from me today

The Jerms - I'm a teardrop

Paul

Not underplayed in our house,played it out a few times recently too with not many knowing it?Been told it got a few plays at the end of Wigan,can't remember it from then (I know that means nowt as I couldn't remember my name some night's :g: )

On the You Tube clip what's the label it's playing off as mine is on Honour Brigade(yellow demo) & the issues are maroon with a multi-coloured logo?So what's the blue label in the clip?

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Who said said 70t's has no balls........listen to this baby with Paula Denson on lead

Softouch-After You Give Your All Prodigal

This sounds so good out,first heard Bob Hinsley play it at a nighter & wow it blew me away.

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Djing Riley Smith's tonight so thought I'd throw up an old Mecca tune I might be giving a runout..........

Carole Waller-This Love Of Mine USA

Must admit I bought it for this side,a great version of Gladys Knight's top tune (in fact I think it's a better dancer then Gladys)

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Paul

Not underplayed in our house,played it out a few times recently too with not many knowing it?Been told it got a few plays at the end of Wigan,can't remember it from then (I know that means nowt as I couldn't remember my name some night's :g: )

On the You Tube clip what's the label it's playing off as mine is on Honour Brigade(yellow demo) & the issues are maroon with a multi-coloured logo?So what's the blue label in the clip?

Cheers

Martyn

I have the maroon Honour Brigrade issue in my play box, but the copy on the clip is Spanish, came in a picture sleeve with handwritten notes on a piece of paper tucked inside, a licensed release (on Honour Brigade) for the spanish mod/freakbeat scene I believe.

Social source share

I have the maroon Honour Brigrade issue in my play box, but the copy on the clip is Spanish, came in a picture sleeve with handwritten notes on a piece of paper tucked inside, a licensed release (on Honour Brigade) for the spanish mod/freakbeat scene I believe.

Paul

Great info matey thanks,never seen one of those :thumbsup:

I've got the yellow demo but have always like the look of the issue.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Andy

What you doing home from Morecombe :D

Great tune,bought the LP as it's got "Split Decision" which is none 45.

Cheers

Martyn

could only manage yesterday afternoon n night but What a great time we had!! Mi mate Longgie fetched me a Mint copy of spinners from Val Shivleys last year havent heard "Split decision"
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Kev Roberts used to play this a lot on VIP Radio so i assume it's been played out at some point ?

Robert Knight Rainbow Valley

Social source share

Through the post office today and worth the wait Sharon Ridley "Where did you learn to make love the way you do"

Very nice tune Andy :thumbup:

Social source share

The hot weather has put me in a Latin mood so here's a great double-sider.

This side is an old Wheel play.................

Ray Barretto-Soul Drummer Fania

This side has been getting plenty of plays recently,always fills the floor.

Just to follow on from Paul's different version of The Bottle thought I'd put a Latin version up

Joe Bataan - The Bottle Salsoul

[media=]

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share