Bob Marley & The Wailing Wailers - I'm Still Waiting

Cunnie

Badly want this classic Soulful track by Bob & the Wailers (just listen if you don't think Bob Marley could sing Soul music).

There are several different versions of this track by the Wailers & the one I want is the take on the youtube clip that I think was on a Studio 1 album but also on a 7" Studio 1 copy as well according to this clip & popsike.

Would prefer the 7" cut but will settle for the album if I can't track down a 7" copy.

Thanks in advance,

Mart...

• Helpful 2
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 24
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest sharmo 1

Hi Mart there are Marley collectors been looking for that for a long time boy regards Simon.

Social source share

My advice is pay £5 for a repress of the Delroy Wilson version. I've also got a Cornell Campbell version which is stunning, same backing track. Think mine is an original not a repress, but it's hard to tell. Here's a link to a recording of it. Pic shows a reissue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4R7VtZflI0

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

My advice is pay £5 for a repress of the Delroy Wilson version. I've also got a Cornell Campbell version which is stunning, same backing track. Think mine is an original not a repress, but it's hard to tell. Here's a link to a recording of it. Pic shows a reissue.

You're right there Pete.

Social source share

I have it on black 'Coxsone' as the flip to Skatalites 'Ska Jam' (which actually plays wailers 'Ska Jerk'). This could be the original JA issue as it's just credited to 'The wailers'. Pretty sure 'Bob Marley &' wasn't added until later.

post-4912-0-22970500-1336477645_thumb.jp

Wow now that is nice.

Also confusing because Ska Jam came out just credited as Tommy McCook in the UK I think. Did the Ska Jerk get a UK release?

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...Nice to see that as well as being a great artist, Joe Tex had good taste in music, too! :rofl: :rofl: :lol:

The Waliers did a number of great soul ballads for Coxsone Dodd besides this one.

Here's a favourite of mine with Bunny Walier on lead vocals this time:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Yes, Tommy Mccook on UK Rio?

Toad...is my black Coxsone a re-issue then? It must be an early re-issue surely?

It's Tone, not Toad, but I have the answer - your reissue is from around 1971, so quite early, yes.

Social source share

While we're Wailing, heres another lovely one on the slow ska/early rocksteady tip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ced2IiunTUU&feature=related

...Bunny on lead vocals again...

This one's only been repressed once or twice tops, the 70s repress is very nearly as hard to find as the original (pictured in this clip).

Dammit, youtube won't let it play

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Why on earth would the exquisite harmonies of the Impressions ever need to be augmented by one backing singer from Jamaica and one from Guyana?

Social source share

Why on earth would the exquisite harmonies of the Impressions ever need to be augmented by one backing singer from Jamaica and one from Guyana?

I actually thought i'd watched a documentary where, i thought, i'd heard they worked with the impressions at some point. Perhaps they both worked in London, and some how worked with them there, who knows, thats why i was asking. I have a memory of the doco mentionning this.

Edited by mike
comment removed as per terms of use
Social source share

in order of press fc 6908 , fc 6924-1., fc6924-11. fc 6909

Correct Tim.

The edit/copy that I want is the fc 6909 one that you have stated above.

Might be wrong here but there are several different takes of this & to the best of my knowledge the 6909 one is the only one of the edit I want. It is also the one in the youtube clip I posted way back in the first post & is also available on a Studio 1 album that has had several represses.

It is also the copy that is on the popsike link below. 3 copy's are on popsike & I have posted the most expensive of this take. As far as I know all the other copy's on popsike are of the originally released take (I think!!!).

https://www.popsike.com/BOB-MARLEY-THE-WAILERS-SKA-JERK-IM-STILL-WAITING/270766768827.html

Thanks for all the help so far & 'I'm Still Waiting' :)

Social source share