Prince Ella & Sidney Jones - Baby Sugar I Love You - Prince Label

Guest Brooky

Guest Brooky

Prince Ella & Sidney Jones - Baby Sugar I Love You - Prince Label (Pink Original)

I remember this having a brief, floor-filling 15 minutes of fame at Wigan around 1977 and I bought it then for a quid on the yellow boot which was easy to get hold of for a while. Not many people seemed to like it and it failed the test of time it seems.

Has anyone ever seen a copy on the Original Prince (pink) Label? I've checked both Popsike and Collector Frenzy and no sign of it.

It's an Original 45 I'd like to own. It books at £600 in JM's 5th Edition but appears to be rarer than many four figure records that turn up (from looking at Popsike) all the time.

Many other SS's waiting in the wings I wonder so that if one ever turns up then it will go for a small fortune? :g:

By the way, if anyone has an Original then 'small fortune' waiting!!!

All of the youtube clips show the boot as well!!!

Edited by Brooky
Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

I accidentally bought the boot a few years ago for the other side. Probably because I hadn't seen an original and didn't think it had been booted. :(

You're right, even on YouTube everyone posts up the orange/yellow boot.

Here you go, the (better imo) flip side.

post-2123-0-67729300-1336212550_thumb.jp

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Guest Brooky

I accidentally bought the boot a few years ago for the other side. Probably because I hadn't seen an original and didn't think it had been booted. :(

You're right, even on YouTube everyone posts up the orange/yellow boot.

Here you go, the (better imo) flip side.

post-2123-0-67729300-1336212550_thumb.jp

================================================================================================

Wow...that's the flip....where's the scan from.....?

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

There's at least one in Australia too Brooky - I bought it for 100 quid about 8 years ago, primarily for the "Cut You Loose" side although the top side is also excellent. It gets played more at home than it does whenever I DJ - can't seem to squeeze it into my sets although I think its still danceable.

Cheers

Pete :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Brooky

Baby Sugar is a dull stomper not worth listening to. :no:

===============================================================

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!