Selling On Ebay

Sold a very poor condition record on Ebay (Herby Brown) and said it was cracked in 2 places and Clicked badly when trying to play it so I reiterated the grading of this record is "PooR" I did say that someone might be able to do something with it but Im no use at repairing so in the description I said because it was in poor condition - No returns.

It went for 34 quid

hes now saying I mislead him as the record was broken in half - Not cracked!

I just think the guy wanted a punt but if he didnt like what he got he wants his money back - I actually sold it for another person & Ive already given the money over!

Should I stand my ground or just reimburse him?

Anyone any good at repairing on here? PETE S?

ATB Steve

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

are you saying that he returned it and you resold it to someone else, and you're asking whether to give the original buyer (who returned it) his money back? sorry if I'm confused and reading your message wrong.

Social source share

No Bob, I think he's saying that he sold it for a third party, and has already paid the third party his money............ :facepalm:

oh that sucks, sorry. personally I would take it back but I agree that you did sell it described as poor and as is so it's fair not to accept returns. the problem is that if the person puts in a paypal claim they will get their money back anyways. if you get the claim, you can force them to at least return it to you and pay for tracking. you also risk a negative though which sucks.

Social source share

EBAY IS SO MUCH IN FAVOUR OF THE BUYER IVE HAD THREE LATELY ONE GUY LEFT NEG FEED BACK BEFORE LETTING ME REFUND HIM THEN DECIDED HE WOULD KEEP IT ANYWAY BUT NEVER DID RECIND THE NEGATIVE.

ANOTHER I SOLD AS VG BUT IT PLAYED BETTER GUY HAD A MOAN BUT WHEN I SENT HIM GOLDMINE GRADING & RECORD COLLECTORS GRADING I NEVER HEARD FROM HIM AGAIN .

THE LAST ONE WAS A 99P EX COPY OF FLAMING EMBER WESTBOUND NO 9 & I MISSED A MINUTE EDGE CHIP N A P AND HE MOANED 99P FFS SO I TOLD HIM TO SEND IT BACK AND REFUNDED HIM AND RELISTED IT AT 2.99.

AS WAS SAID EARLIER LOOKS LIKE HE TOOK A PUNT DECIDED HE DID NOT LIKE IT AND SNAPPED IT THERE ARE SOME A HOLES OUT THERE BUT IN THE MAIN MOST BUYERS ARE DECENT FOLK.

KEV

Social source share

oh that sucks, sorry. personally I would take it back but I agree that you did sell it described as poor and as is so it's fair not to accept returns. the problem is that if the person puts in a paypal claim they will get their money back anyways. if you get the claim, you can force them to at least return it to you and pay for tracking. you also risk a negative though which sucks.

Hi Bob

They received it FRiday and now they have already put in a paypal claim!

He did say he will send it back at his own expense- Is that not admitting something? If it wasnt described properly I would want the seller to pay for the return!

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Hi Bob

They received it FRiday and now they have already put in a paypal claim!

He did say he will send it back at his own expense- Is that not admitting something? If it wasnt described properly I would want the seller to pay for the return!

Since the buyer has made a paypal claim, your best course of action is to respond to it, stating the buyer can return the record, as they will find in his favour, this way you get the paypal commission back, you can also claim your ebay fees back, he will be responsible for the return costs, but you will have to refund him in full

Social source share

Since the buyer has made a paypal claim, your best course of action is to respond to it, stating the buyer can return the record, as they will find in his favour, this way you get the paypal commission back, you can also claim your ebay fees back, he will be responsible for the return costs, but you will have to refund him in full

JUles I probably would refund but the guy has got nasty saying I enacted a deception. Ive decided to let it go through the ebay process just to see what the outcome is as the fees will be about a couple of pounds or so. I spoke to paypal today. She said I should have some optimism as I had described the item as in Poor condition! We will see!
Social source share

This is what I was trying to say above but you said it more articulately. The thing that's good about it is that it forces the buyer to not only pay return shipping but also pay for tracking which could be expensive.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!