Buddy Causey Top Tip

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Nice to see this GREAT record being talked about.

Yes, I played it at Soul Essence and have done for the past 5+ years.

Has a huge following at Just Soul.

Almost emptied the floor on a couple of occasions, but now it's getting hugely appreciated, not just by the collectors, but (with the current popularity of mellow Soul) also by the dancefloor.

I got my first copy from Rupert, but have scoured the net ever since and manage to unite several folk with copies over the years. It really needs to be in the hands of the many.

I speak to Buddy regularly. He's one of the nicest guys in the world.

Suffered a stroke a few years ago, but now he's on the road to recovery and was recently in the Studio on a new album, which is a Country Soul, Gospel set.

The story behind 'There's a Way' is a cracker. He's an Alabama boy, but having recorded at Muscle Shoals / Sheffield (the Quinvy 45) some years earlier, he made the trip to LA to doorstep Jerry Fuller at his studio.

Fuller had him wait three days in the reception, before he finally had him in the studio to sing! (Like a scene from 'The King of Comedy'). But Fuller recognised the talent and had him stay around (living in his Pool House for 6 months) while they put together the 4 Capitol tracks.

In his time he performed with David Ruffin, Wilson Pickett, William Bell and many more. A great unsung Blue-eyed Soul Man and a real Gentleman.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!