The Invitations - (Artist Of The Week)

Even though their 1st release (& the label name) came from the US, almost all of the Jay Boy 45's up to Boy 24 were UK productions. They appear to be outside productions just bought in by President (including a few reggae items from the Pyramids). Loads of different production teams sourced the tracks released on the label which then went US soul (after Boy 24) and their singles became a regular buy for UK soulies from then on.

Social source share

Had this for donkeys years , I know it's a boot but it's nice vinyl and a great sound are these common?

also why would they have this as the B side?

C:Documents and SettingsPeteMy DocumentsMy Pictures2012_05_06

Swifty :thumbsup:

Doh sorry cant upload picture , anyway use your imagination :lol: , its a Red label with Black text :lol:

Edited by SWIFTY
Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest wigantojapan

dynoVoice_210a_DJ.jpgdynoVoice_210b_DJ.jpg

Just Love This Record. It will always be there in my collection.

If you haven't discovered Northern Soul Yet, Then this Record amongst others, will define what it's all about.

It has always been there throughout my record collecting journey.

It's Virtually Perfect, though In My Humble Opinion It's Perfect In Every Way.

Shivers Down My Spine As I Write This. Enjoy.

briilsant one of the first records i bought again after 30 years with a cold
Social source share

If I remember correctly, the DynoVoice boots are easy to spot as the labels are blue with black print.

The sound quality is terrible on them.

I sold one one eBay about ten years ago for over £50 to a US buyer - he knew it was a counterfeit, but he was a DynoVoice collector and he wanted it as it was the first one he'd ever seen for sale.

Social source share

Guest Brett F

If I remember correctly, the DynoVoice boots are easy to spot as the labels are blue with black print.

The sound quality is terrible on them.

I sold one one eBay about ten years ago for over £50 to a US buyer - he knew it was a counterfeit, but he was a DynoVoice collector and he wanted it as it was the first one he'd ever seen for sale.

That is unbelievable and pointless, Whoa !! I could cut a round circle out of a sheet of black vinyl..roughly..why take care ?, then stick with fish glue a piece of lining paper onto it... then...In crayon scrawl a remotely similar ' Dyno Voice' label onto it...Whats it matter that no sound will come out of it...Joe give me this guys number....

Social source share

That is unbelievable and pointless, Whoa !! I could cut a round circle out of a sheet of black vinyl..roughly..why take care ?, then stick with fish glue a piece of lining paper onto it... then...In crayon scrawl a remotely similar ' Dyno Voice' label onto it...Whats it matter that no sound will come out of it...Joe give me this guys number....

Brett, I offered to cancel the sale as I thought he had bid on it by mistake - but he was adamant that he wanted it...

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL And how I would love a copy of "skiing in the snow" back in my collection? however my copy of "what's wrong with my baby" cost me £5 from Mick Smith, it was covered with pen marks all over. It took me 6 months to restore to the state it is in to-day, the biggest restoration I have done, it's knowing when to stop, that's so important in restoration, as you only have 1 go, but in this case worth it?

:thumbup: DAVE

post-13241-0-82887400-1340909899_thumb.j

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL And how I would love a copy of "skiing in the snow" back in my collection? however my copy of "what's wrong with my baby" cost me £5 from Mick Smith, it was covered with pen marks all over. It took me 6 months to restore to the state it is in to-day, the biggest restoration I have done, it's knowing when to stop, that's so important in restoration, as you only have 1 go, but in this case worth it?

:thumbup: DAVE

post-13241-0-82887400-1340909899_thumb.j

nice restoration - what did you use?

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI I should of prepaird myself for this question, And I must point out again, it took me 6 months not 6 minutes, the first thing I did was to recognise the extent of the damage, and what was achievable, then I made note of what inks were used, and a guestimate of how many tears that have gone by, this is important, as most pen marks will fade in time & even seperate from certain paper (this is why legal documents must be filled in with a black pen) also inportant is the fact that on this job the paper would be wetted many times, as such making it pouress and in some case caurse the ink to come alive and become a blot?

you need the same materials that any art restorationist would use, good set of brushes rubbers blotting paper sponges and then there are the aray of liqueds that are available, as the initial process that I have always used, is a bleaching stage, you would be suprised at the results you can get from a soak in warm water and a mild bleach, the best is MILTON, baby bottle cleaning stuff, although I have used full strength demestos neet?

when taking on this sort of job, you should understand the basics and practice on other items first many times, also to remoe anything you must never brush at all, you are trying to lift the mark not make it worse? practice by always aiming straight down not at an angle, (example put a few drops of water on a surface, get a brush and aim it downwards so the tip rest on the water, it will act like a syringe and draw the fluid upwards, then repeat this on paper,) if you go on sites that teach water colouring you will soon get the idea, for the moment I have to stop. try a nd practice, rember this RED such as UK ATLANTICor PYE is very hard and I do not recomend anyone to try my way on such labels :g: DAVE

• Up vote 1
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• 6 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!