Bobbie Smith - Walk On Into My Heart - Boot?

Mace

Recently got a vinyl promo copy that I am sure is a boot, but somewhat thrown by Manships pics.

The label looks like pic 447a in the guide (no lines on label), which Manship states as original styrene promo with black text.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Mace

Social source share

Seen lots of copies like this one Chalky , and they all have ''Not for sale '' scrubbed off . Whats that all about ?

Dunno, they might think it is illegal to sell a record with "not for sale" on it? The scan I posted went really cheap as well so if an original someone got a bargain.

Social source share

Dunno, they might think it is illegal to sell a record with "not for sale" on it? The scan I posted went really cheap as well so if an original someone got a bargain.

I once bought about 6 copies of Johnny Sayles St Lawrence demos and the seller had scrubbed off all of the "DJ Copy" on them when I asked he said he didn't think it was legal to sell them with the text still on it. :(

Edited by Chris L
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

• 3 years later...

So, resurrecting this old thread for a split second.. ALL black-label discs are the real deal, right? 

What about machine-stamped vs handwritten matrix? I'm looking at one with the latter (black label, appears to be stuck on and not molded - attaching a 3-sec video I got of it). 

Cheers! 

Bobbie Smith - IMG_1551.MOV

Edited by damian
Social source share

3 hours ago, damian said:

So, resurrecting this old thread for a split second.. ALL black-label discs are the real deal, right? 

What about machine-stamped vs handwritten matrix? I'm looking at one with the latter (black label, appears to be stuck on and not molded - attaching a 3-sec video I got of it). 

Cheers! 

Bobbie Smith - IMG_1551.MOV

ALL my original 1964-66 American Arts singles, whether black or white, have hand engraved rather than machined stamped matrix numbers, and they ALL have pasted paper rather than moulded labels.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

I don't f'n believe this. I bought that fine original and it arrived a few days back.. I'm out of town but my sister tells me 'this one feels kind of flimsy for a record. Want me to open it?' 

It was, indeed, a record - that gorgeous black label original above. But in a regular bubble envelope without so much as a piece of cardboard and cracked in half. I DON'T F--KING BELIEVE THIS. Plus it was a private sale so I'm out £65 (good price, too) unless the seller decides to do right - which I'm willing to be he will not. Do people not realize the VALUE of things?! 

(excuse me, needed to vent) 

Social source share

14 minutes ago, damian said:

I don't f'n believe this. I bought that fine original and it arrived a few days back.. I'm out of town but my sister tells me 'this one feels kind of flimsy for a record. Want me to open it?' 

It was, indeed, a record - that gorgeous black label original above. But in a regular bubble envelope without so much as a piece of cardboard and cracked in half. I DON'T F--KING BELIEVE THIS. Plus it was a private sale so I'm out £65 (good price, too) unless the seller decides to do right - which I'm willing to be he will not. Do people not realize the VALUE of things?! 

(excuse me, needed to vent) 

Take as many pictures as possible showing how packed then add picture of how it should be packed, give him/her the responsibility of fixing it.

Good luck.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!