Dial Label Colour

Any of you guys know why there is a label colour difference with the DIAL label.......some are red and black and white writing, and some are black and red with white writing.....same songs with same artists....is one the first issue?

thanks

Andy

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

ive got a red on black of Joes "Show me"/"Hold what you got "tracks with a diff numbering /issue series..mentioning the orig Dial cat no .. which is a reissue but it is Atlantic dist so must be pre 72 ?..as opposed to the first black on red one i posted which is orig 66...guess i like Joe Tex :)

Social source share

ive got a red on black of Joes "Show me"/"Hold what you got "tracks with a diff numbering /issue series..mentioning the orig Dial cat no .. which is a reissue but it is Atlantic dist so must be pre 72 ?..as opposed to the first black on red one i posted which is orig 66...guess i like Joe Tex :)

Thanks for the info...this is the only other info I could find of the net ;

Label variations

Dial Records had the distinction of going through four different distributors:

• London-distributed label (early 60's, numbered in the 3000's): black and red label, large logo at top
  • Atlantic-distributed label (mid-to-late 60's, 4000's): same label as above
  • Mercury-distributed label (early 70's, 1000's): yellow and orange label, smaller logo at top
  • TK-distributed label (late 70's, 2800's): yellow, blue and green label, small logo at top

[edit] See also

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!