News: Ivy Jo Hunter - New 45 Out On Soul Junction Records.

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Excellent article TFK...I for one will be pickin up a copy

Hi Andy

Hope alls good bud-yep love these previously unreleased/unissued tracks .....

tfk

Edited by tfk
Social source share

Been giving both sides a spin down South.

The midtempo dancer "See You Around" will without doubt be a popular sound at Across The Board and Real Soul gigs throughout the summer including my own Majestic Soul night , and i`m certain it will get a lot of airtime at the upcoming Monumental Soul Weekender alongside tracks like the recent Lee Fields 45.

It`s one of those early 80`s recordings which retain that "70`s Soul" feel and i thoroughly recommend it for anybody who likes those type of sounds.

The flip side "Yea Yea Yea" is much slower and a beautiful sweet soul ballad .

For me this 45 is as good as anything the label has put out so far .

Mark H

Social source share

Agree with Mark,great double sider,i prefer the b-side at mo: "yea yea yea" ,feel this is suited to Radio and defo a `choon`.Every time i hear:See ya around,reminds me of Al Johnson back for me and is growing on me more and more.

Well done chaps,another winner you got on ya hands,will be placing an order asap.

Social source share

Thanks Guys for all your positive comments, Ivy Jo is really over whelmed by the response to his release, this release has really taken off due to the support of all the Solar, Starpoint Soul People ans Soul Discovery Dj's. It's even receiving extension airplay on National radio thanks to Andy Peebles Soul Train and some of the more discerning Dj's at the BBC.A very big thank you to you all.

The offical release date is Monday May 21st,if you haven't yet heard it checkout the soundclip on our website: www.souljunctionrecords.co.uk

Two Brilliant sides from a Motown Legend.

Dave

Soul Junction

Social source share

Bang on Dave to great sides on this little beauty........

ktf tfk :rofl:

Yep, Andy causing a bit of a quandary with the Dj's this one, which side do they play?

So they've simply decided to spin both of 'em :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dave

Edited by Louise
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!