The Tomangoe'S - I Really Love You (Washpan)

Michael S

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
Guest allnightandy

About £2000 for an original or you can buy reissues off Ebay for a few pounds

Andy

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

I once sold the Washpan look-a-like for about £50, might have been a bit more. The buyer said he would have gone to £200.

Buy the Grapevine copy, cheap and legit.

Look at this one it's not even the really good 70's boot ' it's like a murky yelloww colour etc

https://www.popsike.com/Northern-Soul-45-THE-TOMANGOES-I-Really-Love-You-/140292419778.html

Social source share

Guest giant

i hope you have loads of money ' i have the original make me a offer or will trade if you have anything really rare.

Social source share

Guest DeeJay

Probably my favourite Northern record ever ! So good i did a re-edit all for myself some years ago !! Drums on the loop...driving beat...QUALITY !

gotto second that Freedom also coming home to blighty for two weeks July 15th
Social source share

Guest turntableterra

Hello everybody

Have anybody a copy for sale?

Have no idea how rare this is.

But I will pay a good price.

Please send PM.

Many thanks,Micha

hi, i have a grapevine demo, i had it on ebay $20 and no takers. you can have for free, just pm your adress.

Social source share

chalky said , Buy the Grapevine copy, cheap and legit.

what a load of tosh , Ov is Ov , anything else is i not, ok for playing at home but how could anyone play it out at a gig and hold their head up, beats me ?

chud

Edited by chud
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

what a brilliant record this is.

Dylan, a nice flip to it as well, that you if not perhaps everyone will appreciate

We are on the same page my friend !!!

I sold Eddie P for a measly 250 pounds many years ago !!!

Bought Tomangoes for £12 sold it for £12 :( ......... there again a lot of us have similar stories, hindsights a great thing.

Can't remember now who I sold it to, may have been Paul Rowan or perhaps not. Memories shot to bits.

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Dylan, a nice flip to it as well, that you if not perhaps everyone will appreciate

Bought Tomangoes for £12 sold it for £12 :( ......... there again a lot of us have similar stories, hindsights a great thing.

Can't remember now who I sold it to, may have been Paul Rowan or perhaps not. Memories shot to bits.

not come across this flip will give it a listen now.

That was some record for 12 quid. I guess at the time nobody had a clue what waa going to happen price wise ?

Social source share

chalky said , Buy the Grapevine copy, cheap and legit.

what a load of tosh , Ov is Ov , anything else is i not, ok for playing at home but how could anyone play it out at a gig and hold their head up, beats me ?

chud

Who said anything about Djing with it? As far as I'm concerned he wants it for personal use at home? I dont recall the topic starter saying they wanted it for Djing?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest turntableterra

thats generous indeed . if Micha doesnt take it off you. i certainly will

micha took it, it will be posted thursday, pos mint minus nick

sorry

barry

Social source share

As you are aware gentlemen ads such as this are not really for general tittle-tattle nor OVO arguments

ROD {Forum Modertator]

Actually I remember exactly when I got first copy of this 45. It was March '73 cos I was working at Global and was only there for a month in between jobs and I swapped it for Toni Lamarr on Buddah.

ROD [NOT the Forum Moderator]

Social source share

Guest east rob

not come across this flip will give it a listen now.

jazz flute break that Ron Burgandy would be proud of. :D

Social source share

Have the reiusses on Grapevine from turnetableterra. Many thanks for this.

I am not a DJ (sometimes I play some records in a club). So I can not pay 2000UKP for a original(I wish I can).

And I am starting collect records for 10 Years in germany. So I can not tell the storys: Buy this for 12 UKP some years ago... (I wish I can).

So many thanks for the interrested and the informations.

Micha

Social source share

As you are aware gentlemen ads such as this are not really for general tittle-tattle nor OVO arguments

ROD {Forum Modertator]

Actually I remember exactly when I got first copy of this 45. It was March '73 cos I was working at Global and was only there for a month in between jobs and I swapped it for Toni Lamarr on Buddah.

ROD [NOT the Forum Moderator]

Thanx for that info.....both of you! :thumbsup:
Social source share

does anybody else think this borrows heavily from spencer davis keep on running..particularly the baseline..sold my copy 12 years ago for £250. john parker has it now...it came back to say hello to me a couple of weeks ago.. at least i got to autograph it as i do all my 45`s

dave

was that the going rate 12 years ago or was that a mates rates deal ?

in the scheme of things 12 years ago isn;t that long ago I would have bought one of these if I had seen one for that price.

Dave that flip didn't do a lot for me the flute realy put me off.

Social source share

Guest DeeJay

Probably my favourite Northern record ever ! So good i did a re-edit all for myself some years ago !! Drums on the loop...driving beat...QUALITY !

Lets have a listen to it then.

Social source share