Summits I'll Never Say No Dc Int

This fine tune is now in my price range (just) but before purchasing just wondered if the combined knowledge of the forum think this 45 will go lower or has it bottomed out?

It appears it has turned up in quantity and has seen a spectacular price drop in recent months but with memories of Betty Lloyd, Nancy Butts etc....what do you think guys?

Blake

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I think it's bottomed out Blake.

Not sure how many turned up, but they seemed to go to a few different folk when they surfaced, and those folk seem to have slowed down in the amount they're distributing, which i interperate as they've run out.

Quality double sider, which will rise again in price. Maybe not to the £2-300 it used to be, but certainly a lot higher than 50!!!!!!

Social source share

I think the copies that came out got distributed already and it's going back up. I saw one as low as $50. My friend decided a couple of weeks ago he wanted a copy and the cheapest he got one for was $125. By "going back up" I don't think it will ever be what it was originally though and am not sure if it will be "rare" or not.

Social source share

I think it's bottomed out Blake.

Not sure how many turned up, but they seemed to go to a few different folk when they surfaced, and those folk seem to have slowed down in the amount they're distributing, which i interperate as they've run out.

Quality double sider, which will rise again in price. Maybe not to the £2-300 it used to be, but certainly a lot higher than 50!!!!!!

I never said the going rate was £50,just that i was offered one a few weeks back for £50!..

Dave f..

Social source share

It depends if someone can quantify how many turned up Bob? Might still be deemed quite rare.

I doubt it was the same as the Dwight franklin tune if recent times regards to quantity. So once these copies dry up, it might become tougher to source again if say it was only a batch of 50 for example

Social source share

Hello Blake. Good to see you on Saturday.

I'd say the Summits was a great record to buy regardless of price, although I think about £100 is fair at the moment.

Most records in my experience that had previously been tough to find, haven't really been affected in price long term when a box of 25 show up. I don't have the money to buy most of the big hitters when they're at their peak and also don't feel the need to be the first to play them. There's a hierarchy way above us, that gets a nod and a wink before we get a sniff anyway! (I would get one fairly quickly though before they do disappear back into collections and the price will surely rise again.)

I bought all these when the price dropped and have all increased in value since then, but more importantly have disappeared: Mind and Matter, Satin, Curtis Anderson, Clara Hardy, all the Forte label stuff.

So, I'd say buy the Summits now and just enjoy playing it.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hello Blake. Good to see you on Saturday.

I'd say the Summits was a great record to buy regardless of price, although I think about £100 is fair at the moment.

Most records in my experience that had previously been tough to find, haven't really been affected in price long term when a box of 25 show up. I don't have the money to buy most of the big hitters when they're at their peak and also don't feel the need to be the first to play them. There's a hierarchy way above us, that gets a nod and a wink before we get a sniff anyway! (I would get one fairly quickly though before they do disappear back into collections and the price will surely rise again.)

I bought all these when the price dropped and have all increased in value since then, but more importantly have disappeared: Mind and Matter, Satin, Curtis Anderson, Clara Hardy, all the Forte label stuff.

So, I'd say buy the Summits now and just enjoy playing it.

I agree with almost all of this, I just think there were more than 25 sold. But I never got in contact with the guy with copies (should have bought some to resell) so I have no idea how many there were.

Also, unless you're talking about a very long time ago, the satin and curtis anderson never dropped very much despite the quantity. I think I remember the curtis anderson guy had 26 copies, and the satin guy had very few.

Edited by boba
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!