How Good Is Expecting Records In The Post

Guest Brooky

Guest Brooky

How good is expecting records in the post............!!!!!!

As we speak I am expecting the Arabians (Please Take a Chance on Me) and George Freeman (Down and Out) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: .......

....how good is that!!!

Just cannot wait.....a bit like fishing...... the expectation is (nearly) everything!!!! :lol:

Anybody waiting for some pure gold???

PS ''Er, it was a tenner Love'!!!!!!! :shhh:

Edited by Brooky
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Brooky

Been waiting for a uk delivery for a week now, paid with Paypal, had them quicker from Australia, get your finger out! Still nice tho'

BH

============================================================================================

Know what you mean......sellers 'Flynny' and 'Hanceville' from Japan do it in 3-4 days when Brit' sellers take a week plus!!!!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Gogs

The waiting is really bad But when they arrive and you carefully take them out of thier packaging and put them onto your turntable and play them for the first time, ok that's enough i can't go on.

Social source share

============================================================================================

Know what you mean......sellers 'Flynny' and 'Hanceville' from Japan do it in 3-4 days when Brit' sellers take a week plus!!!!!

Had a few from Japan...............was gobsmacked at how quick they were delivered.

Never had a problem with any UK deliveries, some quicker than others.

Only ever had a panic on a couple of times with records from the States...............nothing major though!!!

Think the longest wait I had was a record from Germany............snail's pace but got here in the end and France pretty slow too!!!

Been pretty lucky I guess.............fingers crossed it'll stay that way!!!

Caz :thumbsup:

Edited by Carol J
Social source share

Had to have a word with our postie after he said to my wife "Get's A Lot Of Records Doesn't He"........wtf,just when I'd taught the kids to hide them for me aswell :D

Hate that feeling when your precious record arrives & you open it just praying it's been graded properly.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

am known as the "records man" by Altrincham sorting office ,still spend a lot of time picking up from there after work on a wednesday ,only had one lot

go missing in twelve months ,did have an arrangement for postino to leave in my bin ! ,but this has not happened

Social source share

Had a few from Japan...............was gobsmacked at how quick they were delivered.

Never had a problem with any UK deliveries, some quicker than others.

Only ever had a panic on a couple of times with records from the States...............nothing major though!!!

Think the longest wait I had was a record from Germany............snail's pace but got here in the end and France pretty slow too!!!

Been pretty lucky I guess.............fingers crossed it'll stay that way!!!

Caz :thumbsup:

Kiss of death Carol ....just you wait and see ..a glut of missing records from now on in :(:P

Social source share

It's that knock on the door and wondering which record its gonna be, and then running upstairs and ripping at the mailer, before i chuck it under the bed, that cardboard will come in useful for when i sell something, and it saves walking downstairs to be caught redhanded with the eveidence.

but she always knows, 'who was that at the door?'

just a cheap one, just another one, just one more, one last fix!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I hate it.......they are very seldom as graded.........and I've been waiting over a month for one to arrive........seller charged $28 for postage, then after a couple of weeks waiting I asked where it was..........he said he had forgotten to post it.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

masterbation time but must be careful not to stain vinyl or label, sock always comes in handy as i found Marie`s tights leaked too much :facepalm:

a few years ago on Marie Birthday i had my Gene Toones arrive at 8am in morning, guess who was happiest with their pressie that day and i couldnt find a pair of tights anwhere :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Got three through this morning,thought it was my birthday,then remembered it is

Happy Birthday and oh thanks for the tune other week superb service :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Its like falling into a barrel of boobs with a constant erection... :thumbup:

I know some folk who go meet the postie on the path, they are like children at xmas....

Nothing like the smell of vinyl in the morning post...

Steady on old son.. :thumbup:

Social source share

masterbation time but must be careful not to stain vinyl or label, sock always comes in handy as i found Marie`s tights leaked too much :facepalm:

a few years ago on Marie Birthday i had my Gene Toones arrive at 8am in morning, guess who was happiest with their pressie that day and i couldnt find a pair of tights anwhere :thumbup:

BEARSY, how uncouth, I do not see why on earth you and STEVEN seem to insist on equating the collection of Northern Soul records with the lustful gratification of fantasies about women and their bodies/underwear...

Dear, dear.... :thumbup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The thrill of excitement is only matched by the deflated downside that arises, when you lust over a particular record for a week or two, post up that you want it, find it's not actually around much, right at that moment of desire/need and then receieve messages from people A) Trying to exhort a an inflated, scandalous price, because they sense your craving...And...B) A mate tells you he has one for you, you get all excited, then he checks the condition and comes back saying it is knackered!....

Both of which have happened to me this week, so not much desire for tights at the moment here..... :(

We probably all really do need serious counselling..... :yes:

Social source share

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

TRY 60 DENIER TIGHTS NEXT TIME...............THEY'RE THICK AND A BIT RUBBERY.............A BIT LIKE A CONDOM!!! :wicked:

Edited by Carol J
Social source share

Tis a great feeling when they arrive...all neatly packaged...just waiting to be ripped open and put on the deck !!!

What is not so nice is receiving a customs bill before the record can be delivered, only to find that the cost of customs is more than the cost of the record. Will deffo not be buying from that seller in the US again !!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Tis a great feeling when they arrive...all neatly packaged...just waiting to be ripped open and put on the deck !!!

What is not so nice is receiving a customs bill before the record can be delivered, only to find that the cost of customs is more than the cost of the record. Will deffo not be buying from that seller in the US again !!!

Is that first line about tights or records?..... :lol:

Social source share

This is the worst topic ever....

And I know why....But be comforted Brother 'Trevor', that I shall not blow your secret....And anyway such subjects should not be allowed on this site.... :wink:

Edited by rich chorley
Social source share

Guest Brooky

This is the worst topic ever....

=========================================================================

That's because you've been a seller too long Pete......you've forgotten the feeling!!!!! :lol: :lol:

PS George Freeman arrived today....but better than that I came home to one of those red labels that says there's a package for you at the Post Office.....heart fluttering all the way there....come on Pete...you must remember!!! :thumbup:

Edited by Brooky
Social source share

=========================================================================

That's because you've been a seller too long Pete......you've forgotten the feeling!!!!! :lol: :lol:

PS George Freeman arrived today....but better than that I came home to one of those red labels that says there's a package for you at the Post Office.....heart fluttering all the way there....come on Pete...you must remember!!! :thumbup:

Very rare I get excited about a record arriving mate, sorry. But about your Arabians that you're waiting for; about 3 years ago, I was on the net browsing a UK pop site and they had a few Northern reissues at £5 each, then I spotted The Arabians, also £5, so I thought it was probably a mistake but I bought it anyway. 3 days later, a rare yellow issue copy of Please Take A Chance On Me arrived. It honestly cost me £5. Bit like the time I bought Dickie Wonder for £10 because the website selling it had it down as a reissue on Golden Triangle.

Social source share

Its like falling into a barrel of boobs with a constant erection... :thumbup:

I know some folk who go meet the postie on the path, they are like children at xmas....

Nothing like the smell of vinyl in the morning post...

"...... I love the smell of vinyl in the morning........................smells like......................................victory......!" :-)

Social source share

Guest Brooky

Very rare I get excited about a record arriving mate, sorry. But about your Arabians that you're waiting for; about 3 years ago, I was on the net browsing a UK pop site and they had a few Northern reissues at £5 each, then I spotted The Arabians, also £5, so I thought it was probably a mistake but I bought it anyway. 3 days later, a rare yellow issue copy of Please Take A Chance On Me arrived. It honestly cost me £5. Bit like the time I bought Dickie Wonder for £10 because the website selling it had it down as a reissue on Golden Triangle.

===================================================================================================================================

Good on ya Pete.....now we know you're still (Northern Soul) human!!!!! :thumbup: ....and you still sell stuff at more than reasonable prices.....that means that you're giving other people the buzz I am talking about!!!

All power to you Buddy!!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Brooky
Social source share

Guest Brooky

sometimes, when the postie shows up a bit of wee comes out

================================================================

Especially at my age!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Andy....this has to be post of the year!!!!!! Everybody's doing it...but nobody will admit to it!!!! :thumbup:

Edited by Brooky
Social source share

And I know why....But be comforted Brother 'Trevor', that I shall not blow your secret....And anyway such subjects should not be allowed on this site.... :wink:

now then rich...dont be dragging my name into this depraved post, weve got blokes hurling themselves into barrels of boobs, masturbating into there wives tights and pissing themselves, reminds me of a saturday night at the ashby

Social source share

Now I have messed about with some substances in my time, but by far the most addictive is vinyl.......& I love the smell of acetate, especially new...ish acetate with that luverly purple sheen....I could sniff it all day....balloney to the smell of new born babies & puppy dogs........smell the acetate !!!.

As I work away from home, by the time I get home there is usually a nice pile of boxes for me to open....its as good as Xmas.

Russ

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Brooky

Ouch....that's brought me down to earth with a bump!!!

Letter from Parcel Force in Coventry......parcel for you etc.....£34.77 Import VAT + £8 Clearance Fee. :huh: This is the second US seller to do this in the last few weeks.

Social source share

How about the walking home on a sat afternoon? having hit every record shop in central Birmingham first thing, and the central indoor and flea markets, maybe a record fair in the center, clutching a pile of records the journey home on the train and bus were always fun. but were never as heightened as legging it down the final road to my parents house, I mean legging it!!!

as for the post, I try to forget them these days cause the post is so bad.

m

Social source share

now then rich...dont be dragging my name into this depraved post, weve got blokes hurling themselves into barrels of boobs, masturbating into there wives tights and pissing themselves, reminds me of a saturday night at the ashby

Has nothing to do with you TREV! But you are right, good lord, this thread is an absolute hive of deviant decadence, good job we've all got a sense of humour on soulsource eh???..... :g:

Funny enough mate, was at PERRY FLATT'S dad's Funeral the other day and a load of them were reminiscing about the Ashby...What a place! Can remember in the 70s, when there used to be Soul Disco's, the youth club worker's trying to calm down people under the stage, who had become paranoid as f*ck after taking too many blues at the weekend! Such scenes of drama! Bought my first ever Acid trip at Ashby Youth Club too, off FATTY BRANT, one of the old Wimpson/Warrens Boys who used to go to Wigan for a while...when they all turned up one night en masse...It was bloody brilliant gear and all! Meanwhile you were sat in my sister's bedroom playing my old records!! At the funeral they kept going on about when I promoted that Anarcho-Punk gig for that nutty band 'Crass' and it was anarchy all day in Stratton Rd, with 100s of their bloody followers turning up from all over England...Then when the gig kicked off, the Southampton Skins steamed them and a mass battle erupted, you were probably there what a night, ...Great memories of that place, mate....

And who the hell sprayed 'Roxy Saints Boys do the Strand, all along the Archer's' in big white letters right across the front of the building??? Nutters..... :lol:

Social source share

Has nothing to do with you TREV! But you are right, good lord, this thread is an absolute hive of deviant decadence, good job we've all got a sense of humour on soulsource eh???..... :g:

Funny enough mate, was at PERRY FLATT'S dad's Funeral the other day and a load of them were reminiscing about the Ashby...What a place! Can remember in the 70s, when there used to be Soul Disco's, the youth club worker's trying to calm down people under the stage, who had become paranoid as f*ck after taking too many blues at the weekend! Such scenes of drama! Bought my first ever Acid trip at Ashby Youth Club too, off FATTY BRANT, one of the old Wimpson/Warrens Boys who used to go to Wigan for a while...when they all turned up one night en masse...It was bloody brilliant gear and all! Meanwhile you were sat in my sister's bedroom playing my old records!! At the funeral they kept going on about when I promoted that Anarcho-Punk gig for that nutty band 'Crass' and it was anarchy all day in Stratton Rd, with 100s of their bloody followers turning up from all over England...Then when the gig kicked off, the Southampton Skins steamed them and a mass battle erupted, you were probably there what a night, ...Great memories of that place, mate....

And who the hell sprayed 'Roxy Saints Boys do the Strand, all along the Archer's' in big white letters right across the front of the building??? Nutters..... :lol:

bloody hell, i remember the "roxy saints boys" graffitti on the archers, could it possibly have been put there by that famous southampton street artist "HARI"

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!