Burnley Allnighter Podcast - Now Up On Soundcloud

I was thinking of trying one of them there podcast thingies, but it sounds like a lot of palarva if no bugger gives a dam or wants to hear it. So I just wanted to gage interest before waisting many hours of my life for nothing.

I have in my possession a plastic bag full of cassette tapes of recordings of parts of the old Burnley Allnighters, back when I was running it. Many thanks to Cliff Camfield.

The one I was thinking of using is of November 28th 2009, which was one of the best nights we ever had there. Mainly thanks to it also being Mike Cogg's 50th birthday celebration do.

If you would actually be interested in listening to it, please say so, and if there's enough interest I'll give it a go.

Phil.

Edited by Quinvy
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

As Terry is always raving about Burnley i would definately like to hear it. Promise me there is no funk on it though :sleep3:

Steve

hello steve smith.....mate a podcast has no meaning.....looking at a list of records or hearing a podcast says nowt .......it,s about the vibe that place creates WHEN YOU'RE THERE....will never be replicated again by any other venue......hope you're well tezza

Social source share

I'd like to hear it Phil,if i can hear the music over Terry... :lol: btw is that 2 and half years ago? My twin looks younger now than he did then.....and yes Steve,we were there.....

Edited by KevH
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

i would like to hear it and i know of many others that would too, never used to see any playlists so unless you went you never knew what did actually get played so would unravel a lot of intruige in many i reckon :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Funny old world.......when these fantastic sets of music were being played (talking about phils tenure ) no f**ker wanted to go and everyone and their mother fell over themselves to run it down. This is of course with the exception of some of the posters steve,kev and one or two others on this thread......strange indeedy

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

I (probably) was there Terry and I'd still like to hear all those records again, nowt wrong with that. I'll be able to nail some of them that I didn't know at the time so educational for me, all part of the never ending learning curve that this is :thumbsup:

you were floating about the cave.....lol

Social source share

Funny old world.......when these fantastic sets of music were being played (talking about phils tenure ) no f**ker wanted to go and everyone and their mother fell over themselves to run it down. This is of course with the exception of some of the posters steve,kev and one or two others on this thread......strange indeedy

I have to agree with Terry.......The music during Phil's tenure certainly was top notch, and most certainly my fave must visit venue, sadly moreover and for whatever reason, the attendances sadly didn't always do the music the justice that it deserved :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

The one I was thinking of using is of November 28th 2009, which was one of the best nights we ever had there. Mainly thanks to it also being Mike Cogg's 50th birthday celebration do.

Jolly good idea Phil; and what fanstic guests you had on that date :yes::thumbsup:

Social source share

It is just time consuming more than anything. Recording the tape to your PC is the most time consuming but essy to do. Converting to mp3 and uploading is the easy bit. Offer is still there, im all set up permanently at home and I'll even upload to mixcloud or something. Others you have to pay for or you just get limited downloads and then have to upgrade or wait till the next months bandwidth kicks in.

Social source share

Guest smoothwasson

As Terry is always raving about Burnley i would definately like to hear it. Promise me there is no funk on it though :sleep3:

Steve

nowt wrong with funky stuff..
Social source share

Guest DeeJay

I was thinking of trying one of them there podcast thingies, but it sounds like a lot of palarva if no bugger gives a dam or wants to hear it. So I just wanted to gage interest before waisting many hours of my life for nothing.

I have in my possession a plastic bag full of cassette tapes of recordings of parts of the old Burnley Allnighters, back when I was running it. Many thanks to Cliff Camfield.

If you would actually be interested in listening to it, please say so, and if there's enough interest I'll give it a go.

Phil.

im interested yes sir
Social source share

I was there and I would love to hear it,

infact I was at the very last one when Robbo went home to fetch his records as one of the Dj's didn't turn up.

Think there was about 20 of us in, proud to say "I was there" :thumbsup:

Social source share

OK thanks to all who have contributed to this thread and the PM's you have sent. I will try one and see if it's popular, then maybe do a few limited CD's for the old "children of the night" that used to support us every month. Thanks again.

Phi.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

if going to lock threads can you post up that have done so and why

it is meant to be a discussion forum after all

thanks

Sorry Mike, I was just gauging interest and I thought the thread had accomplished that. Also, I didn't want it descending into a who likes funk and who doesn't thread.

Social source share

Sorry Mike, I was just gauging interest and I thought the thread had accomplished that. Also, I didn't want it descending into a who likes funk and who doesn't thread.

no probs Phil

if you have your reasons then fair enough, keep it closed if wish

just with closing threads and not saying that have done so or why, people may not be aware of why and may jump to wrong conclusion or even think it was the site

a quick word just helps things tick along :thumbsup:

Social source share

OK thanks to all who have contributed to this thread and the PM's you have sent. I will try one and see if it's popular, then maybe do a few limited CD's for the old "children of the night" that used to support us every month. Thanks again.

Phi.

the palatine club(lol)' then the Cricket club(2punters 6djs lol) and the first 12mounths at the bat cave with onley 30-60 regulers in brilliant/special nights !!!! fred, paul,stu,cliff,karl...... and the man phil top'top nights........ :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Just listened to the start Phil,thanks for putting these up.If you listen carefully on "Switch around" you can hear the kendo stick cracking me arse to keep me dancing. :lol::thumbsup:

I'll have a cd as well Phil please... :yes:

Edited by KevH
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!