New Sales List, 50 New Additions And Some Old Listings Too (All Genres)

Guest Big Jim Slade

Guest Big Jim Slade

Some new sales up for grabs, send me a PM if you're interested in anything. Shipping is $8 per mailer overseas and $4 for US buyers. Thanks for your time as always.

Big Jim Slade

Grading

NM- As good as it gets for a contact system, practically an untouched record that plays as if it were brand new.

VG++ A few faint surface marks, nothing that will affect play in any major way. Sounds just barely short of brand new.

VG+ A few more marks than a VG++ record but still sounds plenty clean for listening and/or DJing, your typical used but far from abused copy.

VG Light scuffs and light scratches throughout, most can't be felt. Expect surface wear throughout the record with light surface noise and possibly a few pops. Should still serve as a suitable player copy for listening & DJing despite the moderate noise. An average 45 coming from the field, noticeable noise here and there that's still secondary to the music

VG- The record may have some scratches that will be deep enough to feel. Audible clicks and pops are likely consistent throughout the grooves. Should still play well enough for DJing if you're not a stickler. Expect noticeable noise throughout, NO SKIPS though.

G+ A record that has been played and not taken care of. Constant background noise will be present. NO SKIPS but such records are the lowest grade likely to still serve as a cheap filler copy for those in need.

NEW LISTINGS:

LaVern Baker - Batman to the Rescue - VG++ vinyl copy on black Brunswick label ($55)

Parliaments - don't be sore at me - visual VG+, plays VG++ ($15)

Larry Santos - We Can't Hide It Anymore / Can't Get You Off of My Mind - VG++ vinyl copy ($5)

Jackie Harris - No Kind Of Man / Instrumental - visual VG, plays closer to VG+ ($15)

4 Seasons - Beggin' - VG+ - ($10)

4 Seasons - Beggin' - VG that plays okay for the grade ($7)

Sam Dees & Betty Swann - Just As Sure - VG that plays fine enough for DJing ($15)

Benny Gordon - Come and Get It / Up and Down - strong VG that plays VG+ or better ($12)

The Ideals - The Mighty Lover - visual VG- that plays VG and is still suitable for DJing ($35)

Leroy Hutson - All Because Of You - VG++ ($10)

General Lee - We Did It Baby - VG+ ($10)

The Precisions - If This Is Love - nice VG+ that plays closer to VG++ - $16 each (2 copies)

Lou Rawls - When Love Goes Wrong - VG+ ($12)

Nancy Wilson - My Sweet Thing - VG++ ($22)

Nancy Wilson - My Sweet Thing - VG+ ($18)

Ray Charles - You're Just About to Lose Your Clown (multi colored text on top of label) - VG+ copy that plays closer to VG++ ($8)

The O'Jays - Hold On / Working On Your Case - visual VG that plays well for the grade given the vinyl pressing ($20)

The Isley Brothers - Who's That Lady (UA original) - VG- that plays with some pops but still suitable for DJing, fair price for a player copy given that most are in this condition anyways ($25 each, I have 2 for sale at this grade) Both SOLD

Betty Wright - Slip and Do It - NM- stock copy ($10 each, I have 6 in total)

Patti Drew - He's the One - NM- stock vinyl copy with VG+ labels ($22)

LaVern Baker - Tiny Tim - NM- stock copy in original Atlantic sleeve ($22) SOLD

Herbie Hancock - Chameleon (mono) / (stereo) - NM- stock copy ($6)

The Dells - Run For Cover - VG copy that plays with light noise ($10)

Dillard and Johnson - Here We Go Loving Again (Piedmont original) - NM- vinyl copy ($20)

Dynamic Tints - Be My Lady - VG+ with WOL ($10)

Bessie Banks - Baby You Sure Know How to Get Me (mono) / (stereo) - VG+ copy with tape residue on the mono label ($15)

The Paper Dolls - Get Down Boy - NM- vinyl and VG+ labels ($15)

Albert King - Cold Feet - VG++ vinyl and VG label with ringwear ($10)

Esther Phillips - Home Is Where the Hatred Is - VG+ that plays closer to VG++ ($10)

Bill Cosby - Hikky Burr - VG++ ($12)

Earl Grant - Hide Nor Hair - VG++ copy just short of NM- ($40)

Jimmy Jones - Live and Let Live - VG copy with light background noise, still suitable for DJing ($8)

The Notations - A New Day - VG++ copy with WOL on the flip side ($10)

Bobby Hutton - I've Got a Memory - VG copy that plays closer to VG+ ($10)

Bobby Hutton - I've Got a Memory - VG- copy that plays closer to VG ($7)

Sir Wales Wallace - Whatever You Want - VG+ that plays closer to VG++ ($10)

The Jackson Five - Big Boy (ATCO distribution) - VG- that plays okay for the grade ($15)

David Ruffin - Rode By the Place Where We Used to Stay - strong VG that plays with light, non-invasive noise, plays closer to VG+ and is plenty suitable for DJing ($15)

Tom Brock - I Love You More and More / same - VG/VG+ copy that plays with light, non-invasive surface noise ($15)

OLD LISTINGS:

the Gifted Four: Are You Choosing (vinyl copy, strong VG+ which plays VG++) $80

Dillard & Johnson: Here We Go Loving Again (Epic vinyl issue, nice VG+ that plays VG++) $18

the Whispers: In Love Forever (2 NM- copies) $23 each

Sharon Revoal: Reaching For Our Star (NM-) $25

the Spinners: I Just Want to Fall In Love mono / stereo (NM- vinyl copy) $32

Richard Starr: Groovy Thing (VG+, plays well) $28

Chuck Jackson: I Only Get This Feeling (NM- stock copy) $15

Barrett Strong: Is It True (2 VG++ stock copy just short of NM-) $22

Lavern Baker: Bumble Bee (VG+, plays VG++) $23

Sandra Wright: Gotta See My Baby (NM- stock copy, $15)

Susan King: Drum Rhythm (NM- stock copy, $35)

Honey Cone: If I Can't Fly ($16 for VG++ copy, $12 for weak VG+ copy)

Aretha Franklin: I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby's Face / One Step Ahead (VG copy that plays okay for the grade, $25)

Lou Rawls: When Love Goes Wrong (VG++ copy, $15)

Jackie Wilson: the Who Who Song (NM- stock copy, $12)

O'Jays: To Prove I Love You (2 VG++ copies, $20 each)

Sam Cooke: A Change Is Gonna Come (VG++ copy, $12, early but not original issue)

Katy Love and the 4 Shades of Black: It Hurts So Good / Don't Let It Go to Your Head (VG copy with marks from storage which plays closer to VG+, $12)

Bobby Womack: Across 110th Street ($17 for VG+ that plays VG++, $12 for VG which plays VG+)

Ray Charles: I Don't Need No Doctor (VG+ vinyl copy that plays well, $16)

Curtis Mayfield: Tripping Out (1 VG++ issue copy for $20, 1 VG copy that plays VG+ for $12)

Edited by Big Jim Slade
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!