Lenard Lidell * Keep It Secret

Hi there,

I just listened to this amazing track in the Steve G's Solar Radio show.

Is the Afternoon Affairs EP the only way to get an original issue?

Are all the 12" on Jara (JA1-black label) reissues from 1991?

Cheking popsike, the money payed for the JA1 12" goes from $169 until 25 ukp.

That's all.

Thanks in advance.

xx

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Brilliant record! I think the French Boogie guys found this one first but it's great Modern Soul to my ears! The production is fantastic!

Ian D :D

Was played many moons ago on the Modern Soul scene Ian?

Never a monster but was around when all the indie 12"s were piling into the UK in the early 90's and has had plays sporadically over the years (think someone even had it covered up at one time too!)

I've a couple of spare copies lying around somewhere if anyone wants one?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Was played many moons ago on the Modern Soul scene Ian?

Never a monster but was around when all the indie 12"s were piling into the UK in the early 90's and has had plays sporadically over the years (think someone even had it covered up at one time too!)

I've a couple of spare copies lying around somewhere if anyone wants one?

Cheers

Steve

Mmm. Interesting. Last time I was @ Tim Brown's I was enthusing about some of the stuff that was being found by the French guys and I used Leonard Lidell as an example and Browny didn't know it, so I assumed it was unknown at the time. I stand corrected! It sounds perfect to my ears.....

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Mmm. Interesting. Last time I was @ Tim Brown's I was enthusing about some of the stuff that was being found by the French guys and I used Leonard Lidell as an example and Browny didn't know it, so I assumed it was unknown at the time. I stand corrected! It sounds perfect to my ears.....

Don't think Browny ever had it at Tod? Or at least i never saw it on his shelves back in the day as i used to go quite a bit back then. He didn't get all the titles as i think a lot went thru Voices before the London boys got involved. Think Browny got a lot of the over stock and i'm not sure LL was around in massive quantities like some of the other titles?

Social source share

• 9 months later...

Recently picked up a new copy of this 12 from a seller in France (JARA Records JA 1) and have just searched to find this thread. Brilliant both sides I think and with no date or anything on the label I wondered if had been reissued recently or something? Any more info on Lenard Lidell in terms of other releases aside from this 12 and the EP?

The EP looks a hard one to find but lots of the re-issued version for sale.

Cheers, Steve.

Off to listen again as its only the Brit awards on telly!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!