Monster 70's Podcast By Mr Fish

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Nice one mate thanks. I can't see how to down load it?

Unfortunately with mixcloud you can't download as it's free.

The first podcast I did was on soundcloud and was downloadable but if I do anymore I will

have to pay. Not sure it's worth it unless we all clubbed together for unlimited minutes.

Edited by Mister Fish
Social source share

listening now, nice. I like how you also actually made a "mix" versus a file with a bunch of songs in it like most people do. A bunch of the cuts sound pitched up, did you do that intentionally or to avoid the copyright / song detection?

Social source share

A bunch of the cuts sound pitched up, did you do that intentionally or to avoid the copyright / song detection?

Willie Pickett is pitched up a lot. After the first 3 minutes my internet connection gave up. will try again later.

Social source share

listening now, nice. I like how you also actually made a "mix" versus a file with a bunch of songs in it like most people do. A bunch of the cuts sound pitched up, did you do that intentionally or to avoid the copyright / song detection?

Like you say Bob it was a mix so I intentionally tried to match the bpm's to give it some flow. I don't know anything about the copyright/song detection thing. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

PS where's your list mate?

Social source share

Like you say Bob it was a mix so I intentionally tried to match the bpm's to give it some flow. I don't know anything about the copyright/song detection thing. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

PS where's your list mate?

The list is taking me a long time, I will get it out on Monday. There probably won't be anything you don't have, I'm not doing a list of rare items, just sort of under the radar items that new collectors might not know. I might throw in 1 rare record at the end of the list.

Most of the online places that host music (e.g. soundcloud, youtube) enforce copyright via "audio fingerprinting". It does some sort of analysis on the music and compares the results to a database of songs and will reject your mix if it contains a song that they have in their copyright database. But apparently you can defeat the audio fingerprinting by pitching up or down 5% or more.

Either way, I appreciate the fact that you cared enough to do a real mix, people think they can DJ or make a mix just by throwing random stuff together. Thanks.

Social source share

I agree Bob - Steve, did you mix this directly from the decks or use a digital mixing tool like Pro DJ ?.

Great Mix & all the better for actually mixing it.....it does make a difference & flows fantastically well, I'm envious.....I really do need to take a master class. Note to self....

Best Russ

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!