Seen Any Badly "produced" You Tube Soul Videos Lately?

Guest allnightandy

All 197 of his video's he needs to invest in a decent player

and a feckin tripod ! LoL :lol:

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

I'll nominate mine before someone else does. A good few suffer in the "production department". The earlier ones used to get corrupted when uploaded so the volume randomly rises/falls. On top of that they're all point and shoot so have camera shake......always careful not to fart tho. Finally,I never bother with lighting....if it's a bright day they're sharp. ............I reckon that should get me a few more subscribers :)

Edited by tiberius
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

How about this one? Nearly fell of my chair going dizzy :rofl:

Any others?

https://youtu.be/PTOnQ_C8gIU

its a very professional technique called (pissing) to achieve the effect all you need to do is consume 8 pints of strong lager before you post,

however equally as we know any action has an equal reaction, therefore those watching need to consume 8 pints to watch, its easy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I'll nominate mine before someone else does. A good few suffer in the "production department". The earlier ones used to get corrupted when uploaded so the volume randomly rises/falls. On top of that they're all point and shoot so have camera shake......always careful not to fart tho. Finally,I never bother with lighting....if it's a bright day they're sharp. ............I reckon that should get me a few more subscribers :)

easily on of my favourite channels Tibus.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Youtube is full of them. They still persist in putting up crap videos where the sound is recorded through the cam, if they can't at least record the sound through the system then why bother. It isn't like tracks like Anita Humes isn't already up there.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

https://www.youtube.c...os?feature=mhee

heres mine ,,got some fans tho.

Nope - link doesn't work properly. It only takes me to my own sign-up page.

Whilst we're plugging, if it's of the slightest interest to anyone here's my own channel:

https://www.youtube.com/HarveySoulFinger

I think it's often difficult to know what to do visually when what you're actually uploading is only a song for people to listen to. Often, I try at least to have a sense of movement rather than offer something that's completely static. But at the end of the day, how many times does a listener/watcher want to see a close-up of the record label or have something panning across the screen using the Ken Burns effect?

Social source share

Nope - link doesn't work properly. It only takes me to my own sign-up page.

Whilst we're plugging, if it's of the slightest interest to anyone here's my own channel:

https://www.youtube.c...arveySoulFinger

I think it's often difficult to know what to do visually when what you're actually uploading is only a song for people to listen to. Often, I try at least to have a sense of movement rather than offer something that's completely static. But at the end of the day, how many times does a listener/watcher want to see a close-up of the record label or have something panning across the screen using the Ken Burns effect?

as a collector, the main thing I want to see IS a close up of the label, so I can get as much info about the record as i can! :thumbsup:

..and Mark, same as Russell, ya link just takes me to my you tube page mate!

steve

Social source share

as a collector, the main thing I want to see IS a close up of the label, so I can get as much info about the record as i can! :thumbsup:

steve

Sure, but you can take in all those details in about 30 seconds. Visually, if you only have a static shot of a label, it makes the remaining two minutes or so rather dull!

Social source share

But how many go on to youtube for the visual? Most visit to listen to the track and most want to see the details and besides most of the videos on Youtube are sh*te and unwatchable.

Robsbigcitysoul (I think that is his user name) produces the best Northern ones by a country mile.

Social source share

You've just proved that people do look at the videos, Chalky! :lol:

I watch Bigrobs, they are quality but I would say 99% of the times I use Youtube for any track about this music is to listen, not to watch, unless it is a video that actually features the artist.

Social source share

You tube is full of ropey videos, the only one I've up loaded for instance is particularly shit. In my defence I only put it up to try and get some info on the song.

I open another window and just enjoy the music if it's a crap video.

gary

Edited by gazman
Social source share

NS on utube is 99% a huge embarrassment imho !! awful scans and pictures and awful sound quality on most of the crap up there !!

Even loads of the video is awful and as utube is supposed to be a video/tv site anyway !! so do wonder why folk get away with what is blatantly just posting up a poor music file !

Don't use it myself and if i did it would be from behind dark glasses !

Ian.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

But how many go on to youtube for the visual? Most visit to listen to the track and most want to see the details and besides most of the videos on Youtube are sh*te and unwatchable.

Robsbigcitysoul (I think that is his user name) produces the best Northern ones by a country mile.

Not a Northern channel but really like the clever way this guy put's his stuff together

https://www.youtube.com/user/xunclexx/videos

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!