Brillo

125Th Street Candy Store

Folks

I bought an Uptite demo of "More Today Than Yesterday" which I hoped had "Is It Love" on the flip as the issue does. However, this was not the case and it had "More Today...." on both sides. John Manship's book lists "Is It Love" as the A/plug side so wondering if this is genuine or some dodgy boot?

Picture attached.

Any ideas?

Jimpost-2511-0-40597000-1336758016.jpg

Folks

I bought an Uptite demo of "More Today Than Yesterday" which I hoped had "Is It Love" on the flip as the issue does. However, this was not the case and it had "More Today...." on both sides. John Manship's book lists "Is It Love" as the A/plug side so wondering if this is genuine or some dodgy boot?

Picture attached.

Any ideas?

Jimpost-2511-0-40597000-1336758016.jpg

I seriously doubt it is a bootleg.

Manship's guide listing the other side as the a-side doesn't mean it was the promoed side. A large percentage of northern sides are really the b-side and if he tried to list the "true" a-side first it would probably be confusing as a northern soul focused guide.

Folks

Some but not all of their Uptite releases were released "same sided" on the white promo copies, with just the plug side on both. You'll have no doubt noticed "Is It Love" was also released on Uptite 13 but the white label promo copy of this 45 does in fact have both songs like the stock copy (Piece By Piece / Is It Love).

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

• 1 posts
    • 176 reads
    • milliontearsoul
    • 04 May 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 112 reads
    • Hermann
    • 03 May 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 166 reads
    • Soulfly
    • 23 Apr 2018
    • 3 posts
    • 170 reads
    • richtea69uk
    • 23 Mar 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 133 reads
    • Soulfly
    • 15 Mar 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 177 reads
    • Soulfly
    • 26 Feb 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 157 reads
    • Soulfly
    • 18 Feb 2018

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.