125Th Street Candy Store

Folks

I bought an Uptite demo of "More Today Than Yesterday" which I hoped had "Is It Love" on the flip as the issue does. However, this was not the case and it had "More Today...." on both sides. John Manship's book lists "Is It Love" as the A/plug side so wondering if this is genuine or some dodgy boot?

Picture attached.

Any ideas?

Jimpost-2511-0-40597000-1336758016.jpg

Social source share

Folks

I bought an Uptite demo of "More Today Than Yesterday" which I hoped had "Is It Love" on the flip as the issue does. However, this was not the case and it had "More Today...." on both sides. John Manship's book lists "Is It Love" as the A/plug side so wondering if this is genuine or some dodgy boot?

Picture attached.

Any ideas?

Jimpost-2511-0-40597000-1336758016.jpg

I seriously doubt it is a bootleg.

Manship's guide listing the other side as the a-side doesn't mean it was the promoed side. A large percentage of northern sides are really the b-side and if he tried to list the "true" a-side first it would probably be confusing as a northern soul focused guide.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Folks

Some but not all of their Uptite releases were released "same sided" on the white promo copies, with just the plug side on both. You'll have no doubt noticed "Is It Love" was also released on Uptite 13 but the white label promo copy of this 45 does in fact have both songs like the stock copy (Piece By Piece / Is It Love).

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!