Jimmy Mack - A Woman Is So Hard To Understand

shute

18 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Heard someone say Jimmy Mack on Palmer was Jimmy Soul Clarke, first time I'd heard that connection

Whoever said that has NO ears (or is deaf).  Jimmy Soul Clark has an extremely unique voice and tone, and is very easy to recognise.  Jimmy Mack's voice sounds VERY, VERY, VERY different from Clark's.  Clark has a very nasal delivery that makes his voice sound thicker and fuller than Mack.  I still would bet the Palmer guy is Chicago's arranger/musician/few times singer, James Mack, until there is proof it's someone else.  Listen to all Jimmy Clark's recordings.  He has a much higher register than Jimmy Mack (whose voice is thinner, but deeper).  No way they are the same man.  Whoever thought of that did so only because both are named Jimmy, and Soulhawk was distributed by Palmer.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

On 24/01/2019 at 19:45, Tomangoes said:

Please listen to the lyrics of ' a woman' 

So bloody true...listen to your dad !

Ed

On 11/11/2021 at 20:47, Chalky said:

Heard someone say Jimmy Mack on Palmer was Jimmy Soul Clarke, first time I'd heard that connection

I never knew there was a 1970's Styrene bootleg of Jimmy (one of SS's ?)

I stumbled on it on popsike

Jimmy.jpg

Social source share

• 4 months later...

On 11/11/2021 at 21:22, Robbk said:

Whoever said that has NO ears (or is deaf).  Jimmy Soul Clark has an extremely unique voice and tone, and is very easy to recognise.  Jimmy Mack's voice sounds VERY, VERY, VERY different from Clark's.  Clark has a very nasal delivery that makes his voice sound thicker and fuller than Mack.  I still would bet the Palmer guy is Chicago's arranger/musician/few times singer, James Mack, until there is proof it's someone else.  Listen to all Jimmy Clark's recordings.  He has a much higher register than Jimmy Mack (whose voice is thinner, but deeper).  No way they are the same man.  Whoever thought of that did so only because both are named Jimmy, and Soulhawk was distributed by Palmer.

I have been racking my brains for some time over this and I remembered someone suggesting that it may have been Lenny Curtis (Jimmy Mac Harrison) who was in Detroit before he moved to New York and was also known to some as Jimmy Mack, but it never came up in any interviews, I think.

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

18 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

I have been racking my brains for some time over this and I remembered someone suggesting that it may have been Lenny Curtis (Jimmy Mac Harrison) who was in Detroit before he moved to New York and was also known to some as Jimmy Mack, but it never came up in any interviews, I think.

you are going round in circles here...  yet again!

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/281335-lenny-curtis-info/

it's all getting a bit weary cleaning up after you

buck up!

Social source share

36 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

I have "bucked" up and contacted Lenny and he did confirm that it is not him, I won't give up though

Why didn't you do that before reviving this old topic, an old topic that you have already revived before and then post up a question that has already been discussed by yourself (!) and others on other past topics

As said am weary of doing this, low quality posts do damage the forums, and a lot of your posts are low quality and are damaging this forum 

Carry on posting in such a manner and will take further action 

regards

Social source share