Big Al T's Orchestra

• Replies 2
  • Views 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Had to be the Virtue studio group guys (who became MFSB & also had Philly 45's out under numerous other names).

They were on loads of Philly instrumentals dating way back to early Cameo / Parkway days (though some of the early tracks were taken up to New York for 'finishing' I believe).

Thus we have tracks supervised by the likes of Broadway Eddie (Warhoftig) & attributed to the likes of Georgie Woods (the famous DJ) plus all the many Philly based label instro B sides that still credit the cut to the singer featured on the A ("The Horse" being an example).

So who Big Al T was, I know not .... but it's a good bet that most of the musicians on "25 Miles" ended up as part of MFSB.

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

Had to be the Virtue studio group guys (who became MFSB & also had Philly 45's out under numerous other names).

They were on loads of Philly instrumentals dating way back to early Cameo / Parkway days (though some of the early tracks were taken up to New York for 'finishing' I believe).

Thus we have tracks supervised by the likes of Broadway Eddie (Warhoftig) & attributed to the likes of Georgie Woods (the famous DJ) plus all the many Philly based label instro B sides that still credit the cut to the singer featured on the A ("The Horse" being an example).

So who Big Al T was, I know not .... but it's a good bet that most of the musicians on "25 Miles" ended up as part of MFSB.

Listening to the 45 it doesn't sound like any of the Virtue house band. (Not saying it isnt but it's certainly a more raucus and powerful sound than they usually produced). The song is produced by Stilran so I've contacted Johnny and Luther to see if they can shed any light.

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!