News: Duck Dunn Rip

Roburt

cornerstone of memphis's historic house band, dunn, originally a member of the markey's, replaced steinberg in 63, and became part of the furniture...if there was a genuine answer at the time to jamerson, this would have to be the man...the stax studios reverberated to his consistant sound...god rest your soul brother, amen.

Social source share

A TRUE legendary bass player. at 70 it seems young these days but to pass away in his sleep after performing at a gig would seem the kindest way to go for me

RIP another who has left an indelible note on the music in my life... thankyou Mr Dunn

.... here's a clip that a French company filmed down in Memphis, at 4mins 45 secs. there is a back of the neck hair lifting moment for me....... memories of youth!

steve

https://youtu.be/amo2PQKHmq4

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

A sad loss, the essential powerhouse with Steve Cropper that stood cooly in the background while the singers strut their stuff. RIP.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Very sad to hear this.

He was in a band powerful enough to turn goat piss into gasoline.

Social source share

Like EDDIE said, one of the men who became part of the permanent soundtrack to our lives and before a lot of us even knew his identity.....Can't believe it, spent a good forty minutes after the footall yesterday, downloading BOOKER T instrumentals, listened to them all night last night, woke up and saw this...A great loss to the music.... :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!