Ebay Advice - Listing On Dot.com (Us) Site?

Hi all

Not sold on US ebay for years - last time was with my old account for which I lost the details when I packed in selling there ages ago. I'd like to have a go with my current account as the UK site seems to be a bit of a dead loss.

I've almost got an item listed but I'm note sure about (i) shipping and (ii) visibility.

Are they linked? At the moment I've tried using a flat rate to all buyers from the drop down list or alternatively making it vary depending on location. Either way I get a notice saying the item will show on the US site only. I have 100% posotive feedback in the hundreds but all from the UK site so not sure if that's anything to do with it?

Should I just forget about the UK site on the assumption that everyone checks the US one anyway?

Thanks in advance for any help :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

First of all, make sure you are on the ebay.com site when you do your listings. You need to tick the box saying "worldwide", also you can't alter the US shipping part, it always goes to $4 no matter what you do. I add a note at the bottom of the listing with my postage charges.

Social source share

Thanks for that mate. I'm definitely on the ebay.com site. I've ticked worldwide shipping and have tried with either the $4 shipping or changing it (you can despite $4 appearing in bold) No joy either way though - still saying .com only.

Puzzling.

Social source share

Thanks for that mate. I'm definitely on the ebay.com site. I've ticked worldwide shipping and have tried with either the $4 shipping or changing it (you can despite $4 appearing in bold) No joy either way though - still saying .com only.

Puzzling.

i've just sold a few things on ebay dot com from in the UK I left the regular postage at $4 and used the worldwide shipping option as $6 all people who won items from me and are not based in Uk paid $6 postage for the item.

Social source share

Thanks Dylan. Do you know if your items showed on the .co,uk site and do you think it matters? Actually this could be academic anyway - I hit the 'change location' button just to see what would happen.

What happened is that I got a swirly box that won't open properly and it looks like I'm going to lose my work anyway now.

Serves me right for messing!

Social source share

Thanks Dylan. Do you know if your items showed on the .co,uk site and do you think it matters? Actually this could be academic anyway - I hit the 'change location' button just to see what would happen.

What happened is that I got a swirly box that won't open properly and it looks like I'm going to lose my work anyway now.

Serves me right for messing!

sorry I don't know if they appeared on dot co dot uk as I never go on there for records so didn't bother to check.

but to be honest I doubt it would have made any difference as a couple sold to UK buyers anyway and they probably found them on dot com.

Edited by dylan
Social source share

Godz, did you open your account on ebay uk? just wondered if that had any bearing. Also have you looked in your "my ebay" section on ebay.com? I always start my sales from there. Also if your feedback is private you can't sell anything.

Sorry I'm just picking at straws, trying to find an explanation.

I've just had another look mate. just put $4 in the US postage section, then fill in the International postage section and make sure you click on worldwide. It's this section that sorts it out.

Edited by Quinvy
Social source share

Are you sure your feedback is not 100%? Because it only counts the last 12 months now in the percentage, and you haven't sold for 12 months right?

I think I bought a bunch of stuff from Dylan's auctions.

EDIT: that should "is 100%" not "is not 100%"

Edited by boba
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!